Thread: Music and Flushing

Default Music and Flushing

Not sure if it's been asked before but does anyone else have a flushing reaction to music?

Lately I've been getting more frequent and intense flushing episodes and noticed that I can be quite easily triggered by listening to an intense piece of music. It can be quite strange because I have to be focusing on the song rather than listening to it in the background.

Is it just me?

Your flushing reaction to music is most likely due to the emotion it arouses in you.

Initially when I read the title to this thread, I thought you might be going to say, playing a musical instrumental caused you to flush.

I was a serious violinist for many years, right into my 20's and to a lesser degree, for episodic periods, some years later.
    I have often wondered if the pressure of the chin rest on the neck some how triggered my rosacea, due to a predisposition. And then perhaps the use of irritating topical products, were the icing on the cake so to speak.
    I can recall several other violinists from the various orchestras, who also had very red faces.
    But then, when you look at the world famous concert violinists, they appear to be quite normal looking, when not playing, so I suppose there goes that theory

If you really get into the music you are listening to, and especially if you imagine you are actually playing in the band, I can definitely see that bringing on a flush!
    It certainly does with me!

Indeed I play guitar, a lot of the time I picture myself playing an intense solo and then my mind jumps to "god that make-believe venue looks warm" hahaha.
    I get the same effect from vocalists and classical music also though, which I have no thoughts of playing. I guess that would be more of an emotional reaction.

^^

Looking down while playing guitar does this to me sometimes! It's so annoying!