Thread: How can RLT Help mild rosacea?

Default How can RLT Help mild rosacea?

Hi this might be already covered or sound silly but how does RLT help mild rosacea and is this better than IPL?
    Thanks

Hi Ally, Read the stickies in the Low level light section and you will find what you need. Basically it reduces inflammation and redness and calms the skin. It is a slower process than IPL and Laser and also different in what it does. It won't get rid of broken blood vessels or telangiectasias either. It does help reduce burning and flushing though and is way more gentle than IPL and laser. It is a long term committment though and you need to be dedicated to doing it otherwise you will not benefit.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by ally24 View Post
    Hi this might be already covered or sound silly but how does RLT help mild rosacea and is this better than IPL?
    Thanks
    Consider RLT like taking aspirin when you're 30 and concerned about heart disease. For mild rosacea, you may not even need RLT. You need to specifiy--in detail--the state of your skin, your triggers, etc.

Not a fun process, but we can't help if we don't know your subtype. ;)
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

IPl got rid of the visible blood vessels for me, but it's Red Light that seems to be lessening the flushing that used to torment me. I've been using my Red Light daily now for four months, and there is a clear calming effect on my skin.

It takes a long time to work and from what I read on this forum, I can just expect the benefits to keep accruing.

Seems to me that if you can stop the flushing early, you could avoid needing IPL later on. I ignored the flushing until my rosacea exploded. I started flushing in my early 20's and couldn't ignore it any longer by the time I was in my late 40's.

I wish I'd started Red LIght much earlier. Thanks so much to all the folks who benefitted from it and who took the time and trouble to post about it here, to share it with the rest of us who were suffering.

-wc

Default Subtype

In response to your question regarding my subtype, I have mild rosacea - I dont know if I could be confident in saying moderate so I will stick with mild.

Rosacea seemed to appear about sept 07

Bascially I have good days bad days, eg some mornings when I wake up my skin would be slightly flushed due to the heat, other days it would be pale (normal) anyone that does not know me would have no idea I have rosacea.

I have some p&p but are fading quite well cos of my medication.

Triggers - Heat and circumstances were I am placed on the spotlight I blush but it quickly turns into an uncontrollable flush, I feel embarrassed makes it worse.

Havent seen a food trigger as yet

Currently on meds and having a course of IPL dear knows what my skin will look like after that!

Im just trying to nip it in the bud

can you use oracea with rlt or will it casue photosenstivty?

It's OK to use Oracea with RLT as it is not UV which is what is photosensitizing.