Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Success section

Default Success section

Does anyone support the idea of creating a success/remission section?

The chief reason for having a section dedicated to accounts of remission, is that at present such accounts are jumbled all over the place. And information you can't find may as well not exist. It would be encouragement to newcomers, as well as a useful resource for others.

It has been said it might make the main menu more complicated. But its only one extra section.

Its been said it wouldn't be that useful since everyone is different. But if people described their condition in enough detail, you could decide if their experience had relevance to your own.

Thoughts?

A most excellent idea.

Default Good idea...but

I think this is a good idea however I would add one caveat: there are some absolutely looney posts about definitive cures out there which are, I believe, widely seen to be false information and I believe somewhat dangerous. Perhaps a sticky suggesting that the section is not there to advocate some personal view about Rosacea and how everyone can be cured by following you lead, but just to lay out what worked for you so people know and they can research it to determine whether it might be a good fit for them might be worthwhile. Not sure it would stop those that seem hell bent on lecturing the board about their superior knowledge when it comes to successfully beating Rosacea.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Retired Moderator

Oh golly J, whoever could you be referring to?
    Yes, my fear exactly, 445 posts in the success section about how each of us gave ourselves rosacea and it could be cured in a matter of four weeks if I weren't so damned dumb.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by boyandhisdog View Post
    Oh golly J, whoever could you be referring to?
    Yes, my fear exactly, 445 posts in the success section about how each of us gave ourselves rosacea and it could be cured in a matter of four weeks if I weren't so damned dumb.
    Rob
    Dammit, what am i going to do with all these tigers' foreskins i've collected?

Hey Redken,
    Don't forget, you promised me some of those! :cool:

Dammit, what am i going to do with all these tigers' foreskins i've collected?

Quote Originally Posted by melissawohl View Post
    Hey Redken,
    Don't forget, you promised me some of those! :cool:
    and a PS2 as well if memory serves.........how do i explain this combo to Customs?

I have no doubt you could charm your way through any customs officers and personnel!

Looking forward to my special delivery

Certainly agree about the sticky. It would have to be made very clear that it is a 'what's worked for me', thing.

Zany success stories might be submitted to extra examination if in a dedicated section, and exposed for what they are, since people would be keen to find out. It would quickly become clear if someone was on shaky ground. (Also, it might contain the zany-ness to a single thread...or maybe that's too much to hope for... But I don't think anyone's going to flood the place with rubbish; if they do, there's always the trusty moderating tools ).

Its easier to see patterns when things are in the same place, so it might be clearer why certain things work for some and not for others.

Personally I think we have enough sections already. The whole success thing is tricky anyway, especially as most people tend to leave the forum once they have the condtion under control.