Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spot Treatment of Papules

Default Spot Treatment of Papules

Hello,

I am currently using the following with periostat for my big papules on my forehead, and was wondering any one was doing the same and had some advice.

I spot the papule with 1% metrogel and then apply zinco over it for coverage. How soon does the papule resolve. ? Any experiences.

Thanks,

DC

Hi DC,

I know some people have success with spot applying metrocream or Finacea to their papules or pustules. I have tried this method and even just a tiny amount of any topical just makes me so much worse. I would love to find a spot treatment that works for me but that doesn't seem to be a possibility. I would say if you are not experiencing any adverse reactions to continue with this and see how long it takes to resolve the papule. I would guess it would speed up the healing in any case.

Melissa

Retired Moderator

I don't have much history with paps- that's the good news. The bad news is that recently I have been gaining it.
    For me, I put the metrogel on a pap 2x per day and it really helps speed the resolution I believe. If nothing else, it helps reduce the redness and inflammation. I can tell the difference on a pap that I spot treat 2 x per day and one I just hit at night.
    Best,
    Rob

I know I sound like a broken record but I have always found that taking antihistmines when my skin is bad (papules, lots of surface redness)as they help to take the edge off.

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    I know I sound like a broken record but I have always found that taking antihistmines when my skin is bad (papules, lots of surface redness)as they help to take the edge off.
    I've had the same experience philka.

Default update

i spot treated some papules with metro gel 1%. It helped in healing them faster than the others.
    hope you guys can try it as well.

DC

Retired Moderator

I'm still a little hazy? Does anyone think it is a good idea to take anti-histamines when their skin is having a flare up? Am I the only one who thinks this? Anyone?

I know im terrible, but i spot treat with HC. It's 1% mixed in with metrocream, so actually it's a diluted 1%. I find spot treating with prosacea makes them more red, and since i cover my whole face in metrocream, spot treating wouldn't really be spot treating lol.

You're not terrible EK. I was tempted myself to spot treat with a little HC last night but I resisted...so far. I wish there was something that I could spot treat with. All the rosacea topicals just makes it so much worse for me.

BTW Rob, can you repeat that please? Did you say it IS a good idea to take antihistamines when flaring? Or NOT a good idea?

i use anti-histamine everyday to keep my itchiness and redness down. It helps in my flare up too. If you can tolerate benzoyl peroxide, apply a tiny bit only on the pustule not papule, and it dries up quick.

DC