Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea can be cure with fashion?

Default Rosacea can be cure with fashion?

I know it sucks to have Rosacea and have people looks at you and say why are you blushing even if you are not.

I was thinking that what if sometimes in the future, having blushing face becomes a fashionable thing?
    Do you think some of us will be able to overcome the fear of social life or able to be more proud while we walk outside the street.

In my perspective, rosacea is just a minor skin disease that makes your face looks red but the social phobia and mentally break-down are caused by the overwhelming pressure of the society that we live in.

So what do you guys think?

Well, I think Rosacea is definitely more than just redness, and for many, it certainly isn't "minor". If all I had was some redness, I probably wouldn't be on the forums right now. ;) It's the pimples, flushing, and eye symptoms that interfere with my social life.

I used to always envy my rosy-cheeked friend... I remember standing in front of the mirror a year ago and pinching my cheeks, trying to get that look, but it'd never stay. I'd much rather have rosy cheeks than the full-face red mask like I have now, of course. ;) But, while rosy cheeks are (in my opinion) pretty on women, flaming red ones are just painful and socially embarrassing.

So, as far as mild Rosacea cases go - yes, I think a little bit of color can look nice. Unfortunately, Rosacea rarely presents itself as a little bit of color.
    Last edited by Lauren 007; 8th May 2008 at 06:04 AM.

Default Much more than a red face!

argothiusz,

From your post i would imagine your rosacea isn't very servere but unfortunately wer're not all so fortunate. It's not just a bit of redness but intense flushing and burning and also the disfigurement. When i say disfigurement i don't just mean a bit of redness but obvous broken blood vessels, pustules and swelling.

To illustrate my point here's an example of what happened to me a few days back. I saw a friend who hadn't seen me in a week. When she saw me she cried out "Oh my god what happened to you!". She'd thought i'd been in a fight because my face was so red and swollen. When in fact all i'd had was a rosacea flare. The physical symtoms can make it tough to live a normal life, but when you get reactions like this it's tough not to let it effect you mentally. Unfortunuately roacea can really inhibit people from having meaningful releationships in life.

Retired Moderator

I too wish that just pink cheeks were my only rosacea symptom. If that were the case, wouldn't ever have spent a moment here. At this point I would take a couple of rosy cheeks and walk proudly around the country.
    Rosy red cheeks can be attributed as healthy youthful glow. Spider veins, pimples, papules, pustules and rhynophyma aren't likely to ever be regarded as fashionable.
    So, you asked "what do you guys think?" This guy thinks that he would really appreciate it if you would please kindly look around a bit more at the faces of rosacea before you describe it as a minor skin disease.
    http://www.dermnetnz.org/acne/rosacea.html
    or
    http://dermis.multimedica.de/dermisr...6/diagnose.htm
    or
    http://www.dermnet.com/thumbnailInde...ex=0&numcols=0
    Thanks,
    Rob

Blushing is a little different from rosacea. In can be just as debilitating a condition but different none the less.

I remember years ago walking into a pub (with my friend) and this chap said something to us. I of course blushed which he choose to comment on and say how nice it was to see a lady blush nowdays. This ofcourse set me off even more and eventually led to me having to leave the pub, go home and have a lie down.

So to answer your question, I think it is irrelevant as to whether it is socially acceptable. You either blush or you don't.

I don't mind a little pink glow as I think that does look nice and healthy.
    It is the flush that brings on an intense burning feeling and deep red color as well as the swelling that may be associated with it. And as others have mentioned accompanying p&p's for many here.

I have to say the worse part of having rosacea (for me) is most definitely the burning that I get when I flush. it is so uncomfortable and at times very painful that I can't even think straight. And while I don't like the way I look during these flushes I would gladly take it if the burning would just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    Blushing is a little different from rosacea. In can be just as debilitating a condition but different none the less.

I remember years ago walking into a pub (with my friend) and this chap said something to us. I of course blushed which he choose to comment on and say how nice it was to see a lady blush nowdays. This ofcourse set me off even more and eventually led to me having to leave the pub, go home and have a lie down.

So to answer your question, I think it is irrelevant as to whether it is socially acceptable. You either blush or you don't.
    I am reading a book by a British author right now. She has made mention several times throughout the book about how a character "flushes" or "blushes" or turns red or whatever, when out in a social situation. It's amazing to me how much rosacea is on my mind that I read the book and think, "OOOH...is this a rosacea flush or just a regular flush/blush?" Pathetic, but true!!!

Wow, Rob! I have seen a fair amount of rosacea pics online, but I've never seen these sites. Thanks for posting them because it makes me realize, while I need to address my issues now so I don't get to that point, I am nowhere near 90% of those pictures. I just got a new perspective on the disease (and where I fit in at this point).

I think I will stop stressing so much and just try to deal with what I have and hope I don't progress to those stages (or can see a doctor quickly if I do).

Thanks!

~J

Retired Moderator

J,
    Yeah, I think of them as the "scared straight" photos so to speak.
    Rob

Ohhhh they arent the photos with black holes for eyes are they? I'm not looking till someone tells me they are not.