Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: A Chat Room?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I was actually going to make a post about this, til i scrolled down and saw some smart person had beaten me to it!

    A chat room would be a brilliant idea. If any of the moderators could make this happen i know a lot of people would feel a little less alone with these problems and be very thankful!

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,592
    Country: UK

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by pleasehelp123 View Post
    I was actually going to make a post about this, til i scrolled down and saw some smart person had beaten me to it!

    A chat room would be a brilliant idea. If any of the moderators could make this happen i know a lot of people would feel a little less alone with these problems and be very thankful!
    Totally agree!

    J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA.


    *Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.



    *LDN since October 2018.

    *REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

    *Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

    *Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

    * RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

    * Use Optimel & Ilast cream for MGD Ocular rosacea.

    History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT






    .

  3. #13
    Senior Member DennyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northfield, NJ
    Posts
    115
    Country: United States

    Default

    Just my two cents but we had a chat room on another forum i visit (actually I pushed pretty hard for it) It was great for a few weeks but after that use of the chat room dropped off significantly. In the end there maybe one or two members out of thousands that used it

  4. #14
    Moderator man_from_mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    4th rock from the Sun
    Posts
    1,370
    Country: United States

    Default

    We tried it before here too
    It was an offsite chatroom - not hosted on this server since we don't have the resources

    There are thousands of places on the Internet that will host them free
    Feel free to create your own

    Edit - removed link to the one I just created for testing
    I guess a lot of the free ones require you to put up with ads being displayed alongside the chatroom
    Last edited by man_from_mars; 2nd August 2012 at 01:59 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Posts appear pretty quickly here. I think regular posting gives everyone a chance to think before she or he presses the send button, and has an "oh no!" chance to edit after the post is up. This is important, since most of us count on the accuracy of the information.
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  6. #16
    Moderator man_from_mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    4th rock from the Sun
    Posts
    1,370
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Posts appear pretty quickly here. I think regular posting gives everyone a chance to think before she or he presses the send button, and has an "oh no!" chance to edit after the post is up. This is important, since most of us count on the accuracy of the information.
    If only real-life had an edit button

  7. #17
    Senior Member Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by man_from_mars View Post
    If only real-life had an edit button
    Find yourself in the Martian doghouse a lot? ;-)
    "It's all illusion anyway."

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default Excellent idea!

    I support this idea, please setup a live chat room where we can discuss our problems.

    Thanks!

  9. #19
    Moderator Melissa W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    10,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I support this idea, please setup a live chat room where we can discuss our problems.

    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by man_from_mars View Post
    We tried it before here too
    It was an offsite chatroom - not hosted on this server since we don't have the resources

    There are thousands of places on the Internet that will host them free
    Feel free to create your own

    Edit - removed link to the one I just created for testing
    I guess a lot of the free ones require you to put up with ads being displayed alongside the chatroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Posts appear pretty quickly here. I think regular posting gives everyone a chance to think before she or he presses the send button, and has an "oh no!" chance to edit after the post is up. This is important, since most of us count on the accuracy of the information.
    Yes, feel free to create a chat room if you like but in our experience this arrangement works just as well if not better. A chat room would be too difficult for the mods to monitor not to mention the extra expense. But you guys are free to start one of your own. Who knows- if enough people join it might be worthwhile- good luck!

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12

    Thumbs up What about IRC?

    IRC is a freeware. All you have to do is to setup a channel and post the information here plus a download link for those who hasn't got one installed. IRC is fast and compatible with all Windows OS.

Similar Threads

  1. Chat Room
    By Jeremy V in forum Meta-forum discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th September 2009, 09:39 AM
  2. chat room on irc
    By paperbag in forum Meta-forum discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25th February 2009, 12:47 AM
  3. more green tea chat
    By canuckgirl in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th July 2008, 05:34 PM
  4. My Rosacea Story Published in Chat Mag
    By princess_illusion in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13th April 2008, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •