Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Q&A - Interview with Dr Nick Soldo

Would you ever recommend Levulan for people with rosacea?

If you were a rosacea patient and going for IPL/laser treatment what questions would you recommend asking the practice?

Does my last question make sense?

Dr Soldo,

Are there any recommendations you would give to IPL patients that could help to reduce post-treatment angiogenesis?

Many thanks,
    Kristina

Dr Soldo,

1) What is your preferred means (e.g. IPL, vBeam etc) of going after the deeper capillaries?

2) Do you experience a significant number of patients whose rosacea is accompanied also by chronically dry skin? If so why does it occur, in your opinion? (perhaps due to impaired barrier function, lipid production?). Do you find laser/IPL treatment improves the problem?

3) In general, over what sort of time period do you give patients maintenance IPL treatments (3 months/6 months/a year?), after their initial series of treatments?

4) What new rosacea treatment(s) are you most excited about, looking to the next few years?

Thanks,
    Alex

Dr. Soldo,
    Thank you for taking the time to answer and help those of us who suffer from rosacea. I would like to know:

1. Can the IPL settings be set too high/too aggressive and actually make rosacea worse? Or do you feel that as long as a patient's skin tolerates the settings without blisters, etc. this is a correct setting.

2. If a patient has to fly to get to you, how long do you recommend they stay before flying home.

3. After IPL, how long do you recommend the patient not exercise or take supplements?

4. Do you have any patients who do not get the desired clearance of symptoms after the 10 sessions you recommend? If so, what do you recomment they do next?

Thank you again,
    Gayle

Default Q and A session

Hi Dr Soldo.

What treatments IPL/laser would you suggest to someone who has mild to moderate rosacea:
    - symptoms include flushing and redness which occur only in a warm/hot environment, or due to social embarassment, red bumps and some spider veins? (this seemed to occur after an ear infection which resulted in a red rash like eczema, which is now cleared up).

Do you recommend a combination of Photogenesis using IPL along with Laser Genesis an Nd:YAG laser of 1064nm for the above to be the most successful and safest option for the early stages of roscea?

Is it ok to receive these treatments while on Tetralysal(lymecycline)?

Also what do you think of Isolaz PPX Therapy which claims to clear acne but also help clear rosacea

Many thanks for taking time to answer our questions.

Ally
    Last edited by ally24; 1st May 2008 at 07:34 PM. Reason: taking tablets whilst receiving treatment

Dr.Soldo,

I have a few more questions. In your interview, you stated you have your rosacea patients go on an alkaline diet. Many people recomment a high protein diet similar to Atkins which I think is an acidic diet. I know that I personally flush extermely when I eat protein esp. animal protein. Would you please expand on the alkaline theory and perhaps post the diet you put your patients on?
    Thanks so much,
    Gayle

Default alkaline diet

Yes it would be very interesting to hear your theory regarding the alkaline diet. I have read online about the advantages of this and that it claims if you stick with eating foods that are only alkaine, and drinking green tea, it "cures" rosacea. Do you think the main cause of rosacea is food diet?

Dr Soldo,

1. I have been treated by numerous triple pass lumenis treatment based on your protocol with beard loss. its been 6 months and my hair growth is still stunted. is this permanent, if not how long before my beard grows back based on yr experience?

2. Is cleansing once or twice better for rosacea?

3. How can you get papules when one doesn't flush in that area?

4. Can one be immune to anti-inflammatory effect of doxycycline even if he might be immune to the anti-bacterial effect?

Dr. Soldo

1. Can you compare the redness of Rosacea, to the redness of Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii from a laser treatment point of view?
    2. What is your view on micro ETS surgery, worth the risk to stop flushing/blushing?
    3. Which laser do you feel would treat just permanent redness the best, and what power settings do you think would be appropriate?

Thanks

Nick
    Last edited by justakid; 6th May 2008 at 12:23 PM.

Default Question

Dr. Soldo,

My question involves treating Rosacea with IPL when there is an overlapping skin condition such as seb derm or eczema. In your experience how frequently does IPL aggravate these overlapping skin conditions and what is your recommendation for these patients.

Thank you for your time.