Thread: Cleanser that reduces facial redness?

Smile Cleanser that reduces facial redness?

Hi Guys

Really hope you can help me, please, Does anyone have any experience of retail cleansers, or more bespoke products that have shown to alleviate permanent redness on the cheeks? I am currently using Simple facial gel, while reasonably kind to the skin, does nothing to fade my redness. This sounds stupid, but I am not sure whether I am using the product "correctly". I currently lather the gel in my hands and massage in to my face. Should I just apply the gel in "lumps" to a wet face? Yeah, I know, stupid.

I have seen an advert for a product called "Noredol" a "clever play" on No-red-at-all. This product claims to reduces redness, but does anyone have any practical experience of cleansers that have delivered tangible results?

On a side note, just ordered Pyratine-6. Really hopeful.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyabosbht View Post
    Hi Guys

Really hope you can help me, please, Does anyone have any experience of retail cleansers, or more bespoke products that have shown to alleviate permanent redness on the cheeks? I am currently using Simple facial gel, while reasonably kind to the skin, does nothing to fade my redness. This sounds stupid, but I am not sure whether I am using the product "correctly". I currently lather the gel in my hands and massage in to my face. Should I just apply the gel in "lumps" to a wet face? Yeah, I know, stupid.

I have seen an advert for a product called "Noredol" a "clever play" on No-red-at-all. This product claims to reduces redness, but does anyone have any practical experience of cleansers that have delivered tangible results?

On a side note, just ordered Pyratine-6. Really hopeful.....
    Hello

Have u tried Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleanser or Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser?

What is your skin type? Oily, dry?
    31 year old male from Puerto Rico
    Skin type: oily

Clinique Mild Liquid Soap
    Clinique Instant Mineral Relief Powder
    Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15
    Metrogel 1%
    DERMAdoctor Acne Control Serum
    DERMAdoctor Born to be Mild for seb derm
    SOLODYN 65mg:
    Supplements
    Digestive Enzymes Veggie caps
    Probiotic 60 Billion
    Zinc
    Selenium
    Dry Vitamin E
    Vitamin D

Just ordered a new cleanser Medik8 "step one" facial cleanser and pretty concerned over the ingredients used. Is sodium lauryl sulphate safe to use on my skin? I would really appreciate feedback on this prior to using the new cleanser. Can't undertand it really, as it was not cheap? A search on the internet reiterates what I think, but I really need feedback...

I bought it because it contained vitamin k which is supposed to reduce redness but perhaps it could be safe....?

If any one has any experiences good or bad than please comment.

Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyabosbht View Post
    Just ordered a new cleanser Medik8 "step one" facial cleanser and pretty concerned over the ingredients used. Is sodium lauryl sulphate safe to use on my skin? I would really appreciate feedback on this prior to using the new cleanser. Can't undertand it really, as it was not cheap? A search on the internet reiterates what I think, but I really need feedback...

I bought it because it contained vitamin k which is supposed to reduce redness but perhaps it could be safe....?

If any one has any experiences good or bad than please comment.

Jay.

I don't know that product, but SLS is geneally an ingredient you want to try to avoid. That said, it's in Cetaphil, which a lot of people use with no problem. I guess it depends on how much is in it and what other ingredients are in there. You won't know until you try it, but make sure they have a money back policy in case it doesn't work. Otherwise, you'll end up like a lot of us with a cabinet full of stuff you can't use and an empty wallet!!!

Good luck!

~J

Thanks a lot for your reply, boo.

I dunno man, ultra nervous. I'm going to wait until I hear some other comments.

Anybody?

Jay.

try avene extreme cleanser lotion. i have been using it for more than a week...and its gentle and does its job
    Only cleanser I can use uptill now...little pricey though.

dc

SLS is generally not good for Rosacea, especially if it is high up on the ingredients list. I am currently using CeraVe which contains no SLS. It does have a weaker form but it is at the end of the ingredients list. So far no problems.

Hi everyone!.

I have just received a pot of Calandular California Cream today (not sure of spelling) Has anyone else used this and what do you think of it???

I used the product Loreal Pure Zone Deep Control Anti-Imperfection Regulating Moisturiser last night which contains salicylic acid.

I have used this in the past before I had rosacea to help acne and found after a few days it helped. I used some last night on my nose area and I looked this evening and they are considerably reduced and some have completely gone.

I am quoting the list of ingredients from the Pure Zone Deep Purifying Cleansing Wipes (which I must add I dont use anymore but may help give an idea of the ingredients in the moisturiser even those obvious reasons they wont be exact)

Aqua, Water, Alcohol Denat, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Laminaria Saccharina / Laminaria Saccharina extract, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hydroxide and Methylparaben.

I found that this reduced some of the red bumps papules or seb derm ( not sure)!!!
    Anyone have any ideas???

I am going to stop using this though as I dont want to keep using this moisturiser only to find much later on that I should'nt as I dont want it to react with my rosacea and if it is not suitable for rosaceans or sub derm/ papules

I have 7 bumps on my forehead they are situated in-between my eyebrows but are also above them. I have 5 on my nose and 1 bump on my left cheek a few centimentres below the middle of my eye and about 5 around the nose/cheek area and some in the centre of the right cheek.

I dont have any symptoms as they dont bother me in terms of itching, scaling, flaking, dandruff, or anything else they are just visible some red some skin coloured and would like to just get rid of them as they are just like having acne again.

I was wondering about hydrocortisone 1% or with born to be mild to treat seb derm / papules?