Thread: Help With Burning and Stinging?

Default Help With Burning and Stinging?

Is there anything that helps with the burning and stinging on my face. It hurts so bad!

Thanks,
    mysweetchester

Hi again,
    The burning and stinging are the worst part of it for me and is very difficult to eradicate but the good news is you can decrease and control it. VBeam helped me and Nd:Yag 1064 is good for desensitization of the burning as well. Have you gotten a chance to read the link I gave you yesterday on the Q and A with Dr. Crouch and the other laser docs? There is a lot of helpful info in that so take a look when you can.

And keeping cool is also helpful to prevent the burning from starting. I keep fans at work and I also carry handheld fans for those occasions when I am stuck somewhere that is too warm.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Thanks for your help and kindness!

The only treatment my area offers is IPL. To get to a v-beam I need to drive 9hrs.+ Will the IPL help with the burning and stinging?

Yes, I did read the suggested link. Very informative. I think it make IPL sound more desireable over V-Beam though. I am confused

mysweetchester

IPL will get rid of the burning and stinging. Give yrself enough treatments with Triple pass tecchnique.

dc

I think it is confusing as there is no definitive right procedure. Treating rosacea is more of an art mixed with science. Many people have had IPL here with good results. I have never had IPL so can't speak from personal experience but hopefully someone who has will chime in with their opinion.

I think you can achieve relief from your symptoms with either procedure. Most important is the skill of the doctor doing the procedure.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Best for me for burning and stinging was the ND:Yag-sorry to confuse you further

Default Some people

Quote Originally Posted by mysweetchester View Post
    Is there anything that helps with the burning and stinging on my face. It hurts so bad!

Thanks,
    mysweetchester
    If it is really bad I can tell you that some people have success with using certain prescriptions meds like:

amitriptyline - an anti-depressant at high doses but presccribed in low doses for pain, is apparently especially good respecting skin pain, it used in shingles treatment and has been prescribed for Rosaceans with burning/stinging.

Gabapentin (neurotin) - Anti-seizure med that is used to treat nerve pain including facial pain/stinging, also used for shingles. Has been used off label for neuropathetic pain associated with Rosacea

Pregabalin (Lyrica) - See Gabapentin, slightly different drug, more effective at lower doses.

Hi- I replied to you PM, but here is my IPL story again...

My IPLs are going great. All of my broken caps are gone and only after 2 treatments. My skin feels so soft and healthy although still pink. My doctor uses the Photofacial machine and I believe this has helped with the burning/stinging while flushing. I am not taking any antiflushing meds at this time, however I am taking 2400 mg HCl throughout the day.

The only real triggers I have found are heat and dairy, red wine and chocolate-all of the good things in life.

Hope this helps
    Andrea

IPL eliminated my burning and stinging..still struggling with p&p and flaky skin.

dc