Thread: IPL for p&ps?

Default IPL for p&ps?

Has anyone noticed a change in their p&ps for IPL? If so, how long did it take? How much of a difference? What topicals are you also using? etc.

THANKS

Default Bump

Quote Originally Posted by EK1 View Post
    Has anyone noticed a change in their p&ps for IPL? If so, how long did it take? How much of a difference? What topicals are you also using? etc.

THANKS
    I am bumping this question, no one answered it yet and I would also be interested in knowing whether people who had either IPL or PDL (please advise what kind), found that they assisted with P&P's. My understanding is that IPL is supposed to be good for this.

My paps got worse after IPL
    dx early 2006.
    current stategy;
    finacea (on occasional spot), 20+ x IPL and 17+ low level PDL (n-light)

After having rosacea for x -years I still dont know the difference between pastules and pustules (I know one of those are misspelled). The really tiny white bumps that dont contain anything, its like theyre just sitting on the outside of the skin, what are they called? Anyway, after the IPL-treatments Ive had so far (3), they have decreased and I dont get them very often.

My face looked great after my first IPL and after the first 3 days it went back to being crappy with lots of P&Ps and lots of redness.

Default Ipl + P+P

I don't want to speak too soon, but I have just finished 3 IPLs and have had good success reducing my P+Ps. My cheeks and nose look much better, the amount and frequency of the P+Ps seems greatly reduced. I will keep posting is anything changes.

Naun

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    My face looked great after my first IPL and after the first 3 days it went back to being crappy with lots of P&Ps and lots of redness.
    Sorry Amanda, that sucks.
    Have you only had one IPL though? Sometimes you need a few to get a cumulative positive effect. How long has it been since your last IPL?

Best wishes,
    Melissa

My IPL's have consistently reduced my tendency to break out with p&p's.

The pattern is that in the week or so after a treatment, I will have more. Then it will settle down.

I've monitored things very closely in my most recent session, and there's no doubt that my 'threshold' has been increased due to the treatment.

But I still get them.