Thread: Has anyone tried MSM for their rosacea?

Default Has anyone tried MSM for their rosacea?

I've read it actually works. Anyone ever tried it?

Ewist I have tried it, and it may have helped getting my rosaca under control.

I made my own topical: cooled green tea, with 1% pure caffeine and 15-20% MSM.

It penetrates the skin and absorbs well. I found it abit like finacea but works better and
    does not irritate sensitive skin.

I make 60 ml at a time, adding 600 mg (0.6 gram) caffeine. Caffeine is very potent
    and you should not add any more.

Default What is MSM?

Hi, sorry to sound a bit thick, but what is MSM?

Better yet....could you post the steps in how to make this topical? I am allergic to sulfa drugs but not sure if this means MSM too?
    Dx 1998

Quote Originally Posted by pca_ View Post
    Ewist I have tried it, and it may have helped getting my rosaca under control.

I made my own topical: cooled green tea, with 1% pure caffeine and 15-20% MSM.

It penetrates the skin and absorbs well. I found it abit like finacea but works better and
    does not irritate sensitive skin.

I make 60 ml at a time, adding 600 mg (0.6 gram) caffeine. Caffeine is very potent
    and you should not add any more.
    Thanks alot for the feedback, but I was actually thinking of a MSM pill and not a topical - but it is good to know that a topical would work. To be honest I am too afraid that I will screw up somehow to make my own topical, so I would rather buy pill form. Anyone had any sucess with MSM pills?

To Hollyberry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

I took MSM for another condition and didn't notice any change in my Rosacea.

Your hair (including body) and nails will grow much faster.

MSM contains sulphur, but it is not a drug but a natural substance.

I just take a teaspoon of green tea herb, in half a glass of freshly boiled (but not boiling) water
    and infuse for 3 minutes. Then let it cool, and take an empty supplement capsule of 500 or 600 mg
    and then fill it with caffeine and add it. Then two heaped teaspoons of MSM powder, and stirr around.

Then dip you finger in the solution and apply to your face several times until good, and kind of
    massage it into the skin with your finger. Then let it dry on its own, and DONT TOUCH IT. After 5
    minutes the skin feels really good. Still dont touch the skin! It helps against swelling, redness and p&ps. Also, I found that after washing your face before bed, dont touch your face during the night helps.

Dont get it in the eye and dont drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    Better yet....could you post the steps in how to make this topical? I am allergic to sulfa drugs but not sure if this means MSM too?
    Last edited by pca_; 3rd April 2008 at 11:50 AM.

Ewist, you cant really screw up with the topical since it is so easy to make.

When using this topical I also took burdock root supplement. I think this herb helps as well.

It detoxifies the liver and the blood.

Quote Originally Posted by ewist View Post
    Thanks alot for the feedback, but I was actually thinking of a MSM pill and not a topical - but it is good to know that a topical would work. To be honest I am too afraid that I will screw up somehow to make my own topical, so I would rather buy pill form. Anyone had any sucess with MSM pills?

To Hollyberry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane