Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone get tiny bumps on nose that get inflamed?

Default Does anyone get tiny bumps on nose that get inflamed?

I keep getting these tiny tiny bumps on my nose (clogged pores maybe?) but often times they turn into rosacea bumps. im not sure what to do with them, squeezing just makes it red and the metrocream isnt helping. i keep using a tiny tiny bit of HC on it because i think it just looks awful. Any advice?? I never ever used to get these before my rosacea got worse.

Or actually, make that bumps anywhere on the face too.

Are they papules?
    It could be that the metrocream isn't working anymore.
    Have you tried Finacea or oral antibiotics?

For me that is a signal of seb derm.

im not sure what they are to tell you the truth. they kinda just look like inflamed clogged pores.

i've only been on metrocream for about 4 weeks now, maybe a little bit more.

i cant go on finacea because a) its not available here and b) my doctor says my skin is wayyyy too sensitive for it (ive heard it itches like crazy too)

i don't want to go on anything oral because im already on spironolactone and everything will just come back when i go off any oral antibiotic. Plus i dont want to mess up my insides with candida, yeast, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EK1 View Post
    I keep getting these tiny tiny bumps on my nose (clogged pores maybe?) but often times they turn into rosacea bumps. im not sure what to do with them, squeezing just makes it red and the metrocream isnt helping. i keep using a tiny tiny bit of HC on it because i think it just looks awful. Any advice?? I never ever used to get these before my rosacea got worse.
    Wow sounds very familiar to what I have! On each pore its like clogged with like pus right? (But veerry small)

If you could put up a pic I could see, I will try to get one up too..

I get these teeny tiny white clogged pores (look like tiny goosebumps) on my nose and chin. They're so small that they won't show up in a picture, but I don't think they're ever inflamed like my normal p&p's. I've only noticed them after my Rosacea developed. They don't itch or anything.

im not sure what they are to tell you the truth. they kinda just look like inflamed clogged pores.

i've only been on metrocream for about 4 weeks now, maybe a little bit more.

i cant go on finacea because a) its not available here and b) my doctor says my skin is wayyyy too sensitive for it (ive heard it itches like crazy too)

i don't want to go on anything oral because im already on spironolactone and everything will just come back when i go off any oral antibiotic. Plus i dont want to mess up my insides with candida, yeast, etc.
    I totally understand but I have changed my mind about low dose antibiotics. My derm said it is very safe. Also, if you are worried about yeast etc. just take probiotics to replace the good bacteria. But low dose antibiotics are supposed to have no antimicrobial action...only antiinflammatory.

i'd have to see a pic if it's like what i get on my nose... i ony get these tiny ones there. i pick them off and yes they get red and inflammed for a couple days... and i know it's rosacea related... but now i wonder if it's seb derm related like phlika29 mentioned...because i have seb derm too. phlika29 is much more knowledgeable about seb derm than me!!! amongst some other things i'm sure too.

but!!!!!!! i do know metro doesn't work once you are at a more advanced stage...you "have" to start using other stuff...like finacea. have you tried mixing the two? i haven't.. but some say it helps prevent the uncomfortableness if experienced straight.
    Eat up your spinach, it'll put color in your cheeks.
    But I don't want green cheeks!

Default Well

This could be a number of different things, but between Rosacea, Seb Derm and the irritation of topical treatments some people develop inflammation in their follicles, a kind of folliculitis that sounds similar to this. If it is centered around the pore/follicle then it is less likely a Rosacea papule/pustule as they tend not to be follicular (unlike acne and other follicular conditions). Topical steroids and topical and oral antibiotics are the standard treatments for this, but be aware that with topicals, the vehicle of the medication can increase the irritation and make it worse. It may be the medication you are using is too occlusive, you mentioned metrocream, maybe try using something less occlusive like metrolotion on your nose and see if that improves the condition.

BTW not to downplay your condition (it sucks, I know) but if these are tiny, tiny bumps chances are no one can see them, squeezing them will cause bad inflammation and people will see that.