Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1st VBeam...with some purpuric

Lookout,

so your saying that you think you were flushing at certain times and then you go look and you are actually not?? But then you still have the burning/tingling sensation even if you're not actually in a deep red flush?

Lemme know b/c if so then that has definitely happened to me over my last two times - id be in the basement and soo uncomfortable b/c my face felt so tight, hot and burning and id go ask my family if i was beat red b/c i felt like i was and they would say no (and ive specifically told them not to sugar coat it b/c i want to see if it is working lol)
    But yes i definitely still had the burning sensations for at least another few days-week after the redness (from the treatment) had gone down.

Aside from that though hows the redness/bruising today?

-Matt

Lookout,
    Have you considered the "Perfecta" since there's no down time, no bruising ect., but the same power is delivered???

I can only describe my "reactions" as a pain in the butt right now! Eating or just trying to talk with my husband about what I am going thru right now is enough to cause the "stinging" to increase 10fold....I really hate this part of the downtime from a laser treatment.

It's day 10 and as far as I can tell I am still very very red.....the bruising is same...about 40% faded....easily seen still.

It sucks to have your entire face covered with rosacea....if one part is stinging in a minute all the other parts follow!

I am not having a great day....I go to sleep every night and for some reason I see my skin as getting so much paler from this treatment and like a kid waking up Christmas morning and rushing down to the tree I rush to the bathroom mirror and HOPE it's less red and stinging today....but of course the "gift" I wanted isn't under the tree....so I do it all over each day....I sure hope in another week or 2 or 3 or 4 I can post that I saw improvement from this.

Matt you sound like you have done really well with your VBeams....no more diffuse redness after 2 and now dealing with some visible bloodvessels....that's wonderful....it really encourages me to stay hopeful in my case.
    Dx 1998

This is a long thread and I can't find the post, but Darlene I remember you saying that your treatment lasted around 45 minutes with no breaks and that the practitioner did a double pass over your entire face (if memory serves). My treatments take about 15 minutes tops with the Dr. going like a son of a gun (which they can do with Vbeam but not IPL where there is significant downtime before they can fire the next pulse) and she only does double passes on certain areas. It sounds like you had quite an aggressive treatment which is, in my estimation, a good thing and will likely garner better results in the long run. The downside is that you will have a longer recovery period. Not trying to downplay your frustration right now and it's good to vent, but want to keep you focused on the end result. No pain, no gain. Sucks, but it's true. Your face probably held out well for the treatment itself because of all the IPLs you've had. I know I can withstand much more aggressive treatments than I could when I first started getting IPL nine years ago.

Just want to say, there are definitely better days ahead for you! Hang in there.

hey darlene,

just wondering how your are doing ?? Any change in your status? I think everyone's posts on here are very correct in saying that you'll most likely have a much better outcome than any of us have experienced after one v-beam b/c of the intensity of the treatment. You even said so urself that you bruise easier than most and heal slower than most and usually most people say that their bruising/obvious redness from v-beams take two weeks to subside and then its continues to subside and get better and back to baseline and then most likely surpass it from then on which is deifnitely what im experiencing/experienced.
    So for you I'd say give it till the minimum of 3 week mark to quote on quote start commenting on the outcome when it starts getting back to baseline.

Don't lose hope and keep us posted on all three things you're concerned about:
    the redness
    the bruising
    the heightened burning/flushing sensation

After going through this one you'll probably be a huge help to so many others afterwards b/c of how aggressive your treatment was and you continued to push through it.

-Matt

Lookout,

Did they bruise your whole face?

If not how much did they bruise?

Lookout,

Hang in there. As I said, I had 3 VBeam. Its almost 4 week after the last one. It helped initially but the redness gradually came back. I'll ask to get bruised next time and I hope you will see good results soon.

I feel for you.

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

A video about covering up bruises: :P

Thanks Francois.
    Of course it helps that her skin is just about perfect besides the VBeam bruises LOL. You could still see the bruises though and I think it's better just to leave them in all their glory vs trying to cover them up. They make a good story..you just have to be creative. You know, like if you think I look bad you should see the big guys I beat up

Keeping your humor about you is always helpful

Melissa,

I cant agree more.

I used to make fun of my red cheeks which helped me a lot to deal with the fear of what others would say or think. I remember having been treated by older versons of PDL 6-7 years ago and my face would turn icey blue, not in the form of bruises but generalized blue color all over treated areas. My skin would crust up as well. People would ask what happened to me and I would say I had an allergy. I would have come up with a better lie but everyone seemed to be convinced with my answer

Francois
    Last edited by francois; 8th April 2008 at 02:23 AM.