Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1st VBeam...with some purpuric

Default My 1st VBeam...with some purpuric

I just got back from my treatment and it was a positive experience all around.

First met with the doc and he put me on Oracea.....also pointed out some of the other things going on with my skin that I just thought was rosacea. He said the VBeam would also get rid of those vessels... he had a specific name I can't remember not the tet (?) one....ango some er others....had some under eye area and around nose by my eye and on top of my nose! YUK! He agreed that putting me on Oracea was the way to go....I LOVE this doc!

Then the PA who does the VBeam came in and she was beautiful....skin flawless...I dream of skin like that! But her personality is what did it...she was so skilled and knowledgeable and UNDERSTANDING....usually people don't understand how rosacea affects someone but her and the doc both got it. They were wonderful.

Now on to the producedure....It is a much smaller head compared to the IPL....VBeam is 10mm (that's what she used on me) and she did my entire face and went over some areas several passes. I got a mixture of mostly redness and about 20 small circle purple bruises....no big deal at all. Yes they are dark but it's just a bruise and if it gets rid of some of those large vessels it is well worth it to me for sure! I was expecting even more bruising....she said my setting was at the level that most folks will bruise but for some reason my vessels were holding up! So she changed a few settings and went over my cheeks abit more and I did bruise some there. My chin and forhead is just red and slight swelling.

The difference in the feel of this compared to IPL is really different.....my IPL's Hurt and this did also but this one seemed like my face was on FIRE....I held an ice pack inplace on one side while she did the other. The fire feeling stayed until I got home (about 30-40mins)....now it's just abit swollen and very red.

What I am noticing about the difference also is that my IPL's would cause weeks worth of burning....like I was cooked in a microwave and it took me 4wks to get over that sometimes more...and my skin sort went nuts...like it caused a major flare up with p&p's poping up all over! I hope I just experience some swelling with very little burning sensations....that would be great for an easier recovery.

I am so excited to try the new med....maybe being on this will help somewhat with angoigenisis.

Think I covered it all.
    Last edited by Lookout; 25th March 2008 at 05:01 PM.
    Dx 1998

Hey Lookout,

I'm glad you had a positive experience and like your Dr. I know you've been kind of down lately, but hopefully this will keep you on the right track.

Did you have it done at the Somerset Skin Center in Troy? My parents live in Rochester Hills and I grew up on the east side. I have heard alot of good things about this place...

Andrea
    Andrea

Hi Darlene,
    I'm glad to hear how well your appt went!
    Hopefully things are turning around for the better for you finally!!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Hi Andrea! Yes I had it done at Somerset Skincare....they are very very good there. I am hoping this laser will cut down on the overall redness and inflammation.

I have been down lately...my face was breaking out so bad after that last IPL and it took about 6wks to get it under some control....I did have to take some meds I had here to help clear up some of the p&p's but really wanted to get on something long term that would help with inflammation while under going these laser treatments.

Hi Melissa, how are you doing with the p&p's?? I know you were figthing your own breakout also like me...I hope you got in to see your doc and are doing better also.

I am pretty swollen in my cheeks right now...I had some nasty viens (they looked red and squiggy like) one was right under my eye and they got it but it's abit swollen in that area....but I am not in any pain...just tender. I look just awful LOL.....I said to my 3 sons that I wouldn't be entering a beauty contest anytime in the near future LOL!
    Dx 1998

Hi Darlene,
    I just had VBeam yesterday so I can join you in not entering any beauty contests anytime soon!

Today I started Oracea and hopefully that will help clear me. If not, I'll try Solodyn again. Me laser derm told me she sees no issue with being on antibiotics for years if you need it. I have to agree with her at this point.

I hope you're taking it easy and relaxing. Let your boys pamper you for a change!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Hey,

Glad your treatments went well. Would you mind sharing the VBeam settings used at your treatments?

I had 3 VBeam treatments so far and probably will get 2 more.

My previous settings were:

10ms 10mm 7J
    10ms 10mm 7.5 J
    7ms 10mm 7 or 7.5 J

I read lots of VBeam clinical reports and scientists actually had success with lower pulse duration for resistant cases of diffuse redness. For my next treatments I will ask my doctors to use

6ms 10mm 7.5J

This might bruise me though.

Good luck everyone and keep the group updated!
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Quote Originally Posted by melissawohl View Post
    Hi Darlene,
    I just had VBeam yesterday so I can join you in not entering any beauty contests anytime soon!

Today I started Oracea and hopefully that will help clear me. If not, I'll try Solodyn again. Me laser derm told me she sees no issue with being on antibiotics for years if you need it. I have to agree with her at this point.

I hope you're taking it easy and relaxing. Let your boys pamper you for a change!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

How did your VBeam go? What does your doc think of your progess so far?

The new doc said the same as yours did about antibiotics....he didn't hesitate to prescribe them for me....I was pretty upset at that internist who just blew me off....but at least it went well today.

I am gonna watch your Rangers team play tonight....it will be on TV here in MI....so I can watch my x-favorite RedWings player! You guys stole him away from us....at least I can relax for awhile....just doing laundry and hiding out!!

GO WINGS!
    Dx 1998

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Hey,

Glad your treatments went well. Would you mind sharing the VBeam settings used at your treatments?

I had 3 VBeam treatments so far and probably will get 2 more.

10ms 10mm 7J
    10ms 10mm 7.5 J
    7ms 10mm 7 or 7.5 J

I read lots of VBeam clinical reports and scientists actually had success with lower pulse duration for resistant cases of diffuse redness. For my next treatments I will ask my doctors to use

6ms 10mm 7.5J

Hi I didn't get the settings....I could call the office tomorrow and see if she will tell me over the phone....she did change the settings after the first time she covered my entire face....and that's when I got some of the bruising as I wasn't really bruising and she remarked about that saying most bruise at the 1st settings...so I know she upped it for me some....she also said I should still see much improvement even if every spot isn't a bruise....I am very hopeful that this VBeam will do the trick on that constant redness!

If I get the settings I will post them here!
    Dx 1998

Hi Lookout,
    Glad that everything went well for you, just to confirm, the price was $375.00? -- They filed an insurance claim for you? -- They did your entire face, forehead, cheeks, chin, temples, ect.? You're going for at least one more treatment? -- Keep us informed on how long before your bruises are cleared up... Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

10ms 10mm 7J
    10ms 10mm 7.5 J
    7ms 10mm 7 or 7.5 J

6ms 10mm 7.5J

Hey Francois,
    These were my settings:
    The spot size she used was 10
    The pulse width was 6
    The energy used was 8 Joules
    The # of pulses was 34

Best wishes,
    Melissa