Thread: First IPL

Default First IPL

went for my first IPL last week and it went pretty much as expected after gathering alot of information from here.

I was very red for about 3-4 hours afterwards and it stung a bit.

The pain was a bit more than I was expecting, they did a double pass which was quite painful the second time round.

The one thing I didn't expect was the amount of sun damage that appeared. It looked like I had mud on my face for the next few days. It's been 4 days and it's almost gone. When I go for my second one should I expect a similar result with regards to sun spots appearing or would the first IPL have removed most of them?

A few patches are a little lighter but no change as yet.

Hi berton, how are things going after the IPL?

I have a few small patches which seem lighter (they were slightly different to the rest of the base redness before the treatment, but seem to have lightened up now).

No change anywhere else but I know it'll take a few treatments.

I'm wondering if I'll have similar spots everywhere next time I have an IPL, i have one booked in 3 weeks time. All my freckles have disappeared from the treatment in the treated areas.

The doc also thought the lumenis one wouldn't be the best for flushing and may not make a big difference, but should help the perm redness.

Hi Berton,
    Why did your doctor think the lumenis one wouldn't be the best for your flushing? What did he recommend for that? Thanks.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

will i experience the same downtime as the first one? the patches seemed to be mostly from sunspots so surely most of them are gone now?

bump, anyone know?

If you use the same power/setting as you did during your first ipl, you will most likely have less and less downtime, cause your skin gets used to it, or can handle it better cause it improves over the treatments.