Thread: Skin texture

Default Skin texture

Hi, guys!

Some areas of my face have gotten these microscopic bumps, like goosebumps, in some areas. My skin is also greasier than usual. In most of these affected areas, the bumps feel like normal skin to the touch, but the ones on my nose make my skin feel a little "rough".

Is a very slight change in skin texture normal for Rosacea? I've read that it is, but I haven't heard anyone on the forum mention it. The laser I'm using is supposed to help skin texture, so I'll post again if it has any effect. Thanks.

Hi Lauren,

I've had some of these too in the last couple of months. As you say, they're tiny bumps that seem to form in the pores. I thought it might be the start of p&ps in my case, but most of them have gone away again by themselves; though I still have one or two. Mine formed in areas where my skin had been very sore and where I have very prominent blood vessels, so I assume it's something to do with the inflammatory process.
    I think it's definitely the case that skin can change in many different ways as rosacea progresses. I've heard people mention their pores becoming larger/more visible too. With me, my skin's become much, much drier and flakier, so I'm the opposite of you in that respect!

It's really upsetting seeing your skin change and feeling that it's out of your control. But I'd really try not to worry about the bumps. As you said, they're microscopic, noone else can see them, and compared to other rosacea symptoms they're not really troublesome. Hopefully the laser treatments will help for you. But even people without rosacea have all kinds of skin imperfections when you start looking! I'm always noticing blotches and bumps on people who I used to think had perfect skin - I think this is what rosacea does for us.

Good luck with your treatments - let us know how they go,

Kristina

Thank you, Kristina! Will do. =]

Default Skin

You might also have KP.

http://www.reddingdermatology.com/keratosispilaris.htm

I would go see a derm. The key to KP is exfoliation. Do it lightly with a good moisturizer afterwards.

Be careful harsh exfoliation can make Rosacea worse.

I have KP with Rosacea. I exfoliate lightly every day with Eucerin Night Creme from the Redness Relief Line. I use the moiturizer at night and in the morning.

Thanks, Sdavis! I looked up pictures on Google of KP, and while it doesn't look exactly like what I have, I definitely won't rule it out. As of now, though, I think what I'm experiencing may be in part just dehydrated skin from the increase of Rosacea inflammation I've been experiencing. I'll see if my skin texture improves with these laser treatments. If it gets worse, I'll probably see a derm for a diagnosis. Thanks again!