Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser treatment

Default Laser treatment

Has anyone had laser treatments for their Rosacea symptoms? How many did you have, and how effective were they? I had my first treatment a week ago and for a few days, things were looking better. I think I ate or did something to aggravate my Rosacea yesterday, though, as both yesterday and today have shown an increase in redness and pauples in my face, neck, and chest. I'm down, but I wasn't expecting much after only one treatment. I'm scheduled for four total, but I'm willing to get as many as is affordable if they're helping. I was just wondering what experiences anyone's had with laser treatments. Thanks!

Hi

I have had 5 ipl treatments and they greatly helped bring everything under control. I was treated with the Quantum 560 filter. About 2 weeks ago I had a treatment with the Laserscope Gemini KTP 532 and both with my ipl and the gemini treatment I experienced a kinda flaring with more lumps, bumps and wee spots appearing, more sensitivity, more ready flushing, with the ipl really bad swelling, very slight swelling with the gemini. The swelling settled down after a few days, the rest after 2/3 weeks. What machine were you treated with? I hope you find that the treatments improve your rosacea.

Cheers

Haz

Lauren

Dont get down. For the first few weeks you skin can go from looking good to looking bad overnight. Just try to relax and not worry too much.

What treatment did you have?

Thanks, guys. I know they called the treatment "Laserfacial", but I don't know what machine it was. I probably should have checked before hand, but I wasn't very experienced at the time (still am not, lol). I don't know if it helps, but I think the laser is very light, as I only had redness for about an hour or two after, no swelling or anything. It was only just under 200 USD, which seems cheaper than most treatments. I'll as what type of machine it is on Wednesday when I go back.

I've another question -- I know you can pair IPL treatments for Rosacea with treatments for acne. Are there any laser treatments that help Rosacea and acne symptoms both? Most of the ones I've seen only seem to target the redness and flushing aspects as opposed to all three.

P.S. I've sent out an email to find out what type of laser this local center offers, so I'll post when I find out. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it very much!

N-light laser. It can be used to treat acne, seb derm and some of the symtoms of rosacea. It is currently my favourite laser. I have had it on my back and chest for acne, on my face for both seb derm and rosacea. it also appears to help with any wrinkles.

It is a pulse dye laser and as such can be used both at sub purpuric levels and at levels that will induce purpura. You want the first option really as the downtime and risk of demarcation if you go for the higher settings make it impractical.

Thank you for the info, Phlika! I'm still waiting to hear back about what kind of laser my local office offers. I'll look into N-light to possibly help my acne along.

Would it be possible to use a laser that is aimed at helping redness and flushing, like the YAG, and then, after the necessary few weeks of downtime, use a laser aimed for acne, like the N-light, so that all symptoms are periodically kept in check? Let me know if this doesn't make sense!

Most certainly. At the moment I am having n-light with Dr Chu (hammersmtih hospital) every three months and then interspaced between that I am having yag + n-light (with Dr Crouch) in the same session. As long as you wait inbetween for your skin to recover.

By the way, IPL is also used for acne. It is supposed to help by knocking out sebaceous glands, or generally encouraging them to normalize (although speaking personally, I don't think I've noticed any effect in this respect from my 4 IPL's; but I think I have a different problem, so its not easy to tell).

I had my second laser treatment today. (By the way, I found out that it's a YAG laser.) My face is red and tender, but I think it went well.