Thread: Cover FX or something fast Please

Default Cover FX or something fast Please

Has anyone used this. I am having a very very bad breakout from a new product that I just tried and need something to cover fast--I have a family funeral to go to tomorrow and Tuesday.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hi and welcome

Makeup is not my strong point, sorry. I would recommend trying an antihistamine tablet like clarityn as it may reduce some of the redness from your reaction.

Could I point you in this direction:

http://rosacea-support.org/forum/vie...php?f=30&t=136

When I have worn some makeup I found that Prescriptives makeup can be very covering an d they can match it really well to your skin. Whether it irritates you is another matter.

Sorry to hear you're having a flare-up. I've found that taking a tylenol or ibuprofen seems to help redness. Also an antihistamine is good too. Drink tons of water. Make time to relax...take a nice bath or listen to favorite music. Get someone to watch the twins! Breathing exercises can help stop the body from stressing out. The one I like best is this...

1. Place your tongue on the ridge behind your front teeth and exhale completely with a whooshing sound.
    2. Inhale through your nose to the count of 4 with your mouth closed and without making sound.
    3. Hold your breath to the count of 8.
    4. Exhale through your mouth with the whooshing sound.
    5. Repeat #'s 2-4 a total of four to eight times.

This changes how the body responds to stress and also helps decrease inflammation!

Do as little as possible to your skin for the next couple of days...don't pick! don't try anything new! use tepid water and a mild cleanser. Eat cooling foods (salads, cucumbers, fish, etc.). Avoid dairy products.

For make-up...is there something you already have that didn't hurt your skin? Use it. I like Neutrogena Healthy Skin pressed powder...the one for sensitive skin (NOT the one for acne!).

It's the inflammation that makes breakouts look bad so everything you can do to reduce inflammation will help you feel better.

Hope this helps!

c
    Bactrim (phasing out), Spironolactone 1x/day, Retin-a cream .05% in the p.m., Neutrogena Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, avoid dairy and usual Rosacea triggers.