Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My rosacea symptoms are 95% gone

Smile My rosacea symptoms are 95% gone

Hi all
    Just wanted to share that since the introduction of HCL capsules with each meal and snack, my rosacea symptoms are about 95% gone. (I have been taking them for about 8 weeks now). My whole appearance has changed...and I have had phymatous rosacea for 25 years. I still flush from things I'm allergic to (animal dander) but I am sooooooo happy and want to spread the good news. For me at least, my rosacea symptoms seem to be related to Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. It might be worth it to check if you have SIBO...I'm glad I did.
    Queta

Thats great! Im glad you found something that works!

I tried that hoping it would help me because I have acid reflux. It helps with the heartburn, but Ive had no results as far as my rosacea goes. I would still recommend people to try it tho.

XOXO
    Melissa

That is awesome! A few questions though:

What was your rosacea like before the success with HCl? Redness? P&Ps? Both?

How long until you started to see results?

Which HCl capsules do you use and how many with your meals?

Thanks.
    "Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

Did you MD think it was a good idea to take so much HCL for such a long time? No risk of bleeding
    or overdosing?

Did you get SIBO officialy diagnosed? From a breath test?

Quote Originally Posted by queta View Post
    Hi all
    Just wanted to share that since the introduction of HCL capsules with each meal and snack, my rosacea symptoms are about 95% gone. (I have been taking them for about 8 weeks now). My whole appearance has changed...and I have had phymatous rosacea for 25 years. I still flush from things I'm allergic to (animal dander) but I am sooooooo happy and want to spread the good news. For me at least, my rosacea symptoms seem to be related to Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth. It might be worth it to check if you have SIBO...I'm glad I did.
    Queta

I am not taking HCl supplements but digestive enzymes. Didnt do anything for my rosacea but my seb derm and allergies are gone. I used to have hives every day, I no longer get it. I am less sensitive to environment to environment and everything. There are supplements that have both HCl and digestive enzymes in the same capsule. I'll give it a shot next time..

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Default HCL questions

Hi all
    1. Melissa-thanks for the kind words. Sorry it's not helping your rosacea. I wonder if the phymatous subtype I have is caused by a different mechanism than yours? Are you taking HCL capsules or tablets? I found that the tablets did nothing for me.

2. Cashisclay-my rosacea symptoms were redness and a lot of facial swelling. My nose was enlarged and my cheeks were very puffy. My chin and forehead were also swollen and my eyes were always bloodshot. One side of my face was always puffier than the other so I had a lopsided smile. I had enlarged pores on my nose and forehead. I was getting wrinkles around my mouth and forehead from being constantly swollen. It took me about a week or so before I started to see a difference. As far as the HCL goes, I have been using Betaine Hydrochoride by Natural Factors 500 mg. I take 2 10 minutes before eating a meal, 1 before a snack. I try not to snack much so I generally take no more than 7 per day. I still can't drink, eat spicy foods, etc. but that's okay. At least I look better not doing all those things LOL.

3. pca-my MD isn't concerned. He thinks that I need the HCL. I have thyroid and adrenal disease that have been diagnosed and can cause low stomach acid. I was also found to have pernicious anemia, which is when your body can't absorb B-12 from your food, another sign of low stomach acid. I was not diagnosed with SIBO, but know from long experience that carbs make my rosacea much worse and the only time I went into remission in 25 years was when I dramatically cut carbs from my diet...so I am admittedly making an assumption based on that. If you're more interested in the possible link between SIBO and rosacea, check out YankeesRtheBest's thread on gut transit time. My doc does have me testing my first morning urine to ensure I'm not getting too acidic. So far I am not.

Queta

Default HCL and digestive enzymes

Whoops-I forgot to say to Francois that you might want to be careful about taking HCL and digestive enzymes at the same time. I know that Lindsay had problems when she did that (see her thread "how I cured my rosacea.") I don't know if you will have the same problems, but you might want to check out what happened to her to make an informed decision.
    Queta

That is amazing Queta, thart you are so much better, and it sounds like you have deserved it so much,
    living with swelling for so long. Can you tell me what ph morning urine is supposed to be when it is normal?
    7? ( I think that is neutral)

By the way, I can recommend a supplement called Maca root .. It adjust and balances the endocrin system, and may be helpful to you.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=336
    Last edited by pca_; 23rd February 2008 at 06:51 AM.

But over time your stomach stops producing acid as it doesnt need to as you are supplementing with hcl.

Queta- I take the capsules. I couldnt find the tablets the day I went shopping so I just grabed the capsules.

Francois- What type of digetive enzymes are you taking? I would like to look into them.

XOXO
    Melissa