Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm getting this unit, but...

Default I think I'm getting this unit, but...

How many do I need do you think? http://heelspurs.com/cgi-bin/c/store...keywords=p=led I'm going to buy the first one at the top for $38. Will 2 be enough to get my entire face? 660nm right?

Thanks guys.
    "Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

Hi Cashisclay,

It is a small unit so it might be difficult to do your whole face. Also, how will you hold it to your face? I find it easier to have it on a table and I sit in front of the light. Some people prefer to lay down while doing the RLT. I think someone else on the Forum has bought the light you re thinking of buying so perhaps they will post with their impression of it. Anywhere from 630-660 nm is good for RLT.

It does look like a good unit for portability (travel) so you might want to start with this and then progress to a bigger model and use this one for trips.

I'm excited for you and best of luck with the RLT!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I was thinking of rigging up something so I don't have to hold it to my face. The size of it did concern me, but that is why I was thinking of getting 2 of them. I'll do some more research. I really don't have $200+ to spend on a real nice unit, so I am trying to go the cheapest route possible, but still want something effective.

Here is a link for one that someone else posted on Melissa's thread just below your topic

http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/...&productId=274

It looks pretty good to me....and the size seems like you could do your face with 2 of these and they are much cheaper. I am thinking of getting these and have my hubby hook them together like a book so I can then attach to a lamp stand or something that will let me lay underneath the lights.
    Dx 1998

Thanks Lookout. That is definitely another option. I'll need to figure out a way to hook them up to a stand or something like you said. Not sure how to do that.

Check out about the heat emitted from that unit because it said something in its description about running less warm that other units of that size. That means it does emit some heat. My unit does not. If heat is a trigger this might be a problem. Of course, you can set up fans to cool you off as you are doing the therapy but just be aware that there might be heat emitted from that big unit.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I wish the person who ordered this one about a month ago would give us an update....I was waiting for that before I ordered anything. I will have to look them up!

Found it....Cavallo but how do we PM someone on the new forum???
    Last edited by Lookout; 23rd February 2008 at 01:18 AM.
    Dx 1998

This user has been banned from this forum

The 'heat' per area of that device would be exactly like any other red diode lamp, it has more diodes but also correspondingly bigger area.

I can feel warmth from my diode lamp only if i put it directly on skin so that the warm air can't escape, otherwise, If I give it some space, even one inch from skin is enough, no feeling of warmth of 'heat'.

Some units do produce heat so it is a consideration for sure. A couple of my units from LEDMAN get hot to the point of discomfort, and the DPL generates a fair amount of heat so I do not use it on my face at all (though others do and are fine with it).
    Last edited by Twickle Purple; 23rd February 2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: typo

Happiness is a choice.

The amount of heat produced can make a big difference with regards to sticking with the light therapy. My first unit (the DPL) produced a small amount of heat that I found to be too much for me. My 2nd unit produces no heat that I can feel and I can be right up against it and I still feel no heat emission. Much better for me. I suppose if heat is not a trigger it doesn't matter but I think many rosaceans do have heat as a trigger. So be careful before buying the unit if that's the case.

Best wishes,
    Melissa