Thread: Stress and rosacea

Default Stress and rosacea

Hi,

As any people affected by rosacea, I've always known that stress has a direct and immediate impact on my skin condition, especially on redness

Beyond those daily situations, I had no idea how severely regular exposure to stressful situations would affect me. I've experienced this since a few weeks, and this is really a bad news.
    I've started a new job which turned out to be extremely stressful (both because of its content and of the people involved) and my rosacea has started to go out of control. Worse ever eyes condition, increasing numbers of p&p, ... a real nightmare.

Did you experienced such a situation?

Hi namfr,

Stress makes just about everything worse. My skin gets really horrible when I am under stress, and it doesn't get better the instant the stress is removed. It takes time to heal, sometimes a lot of time. Our skin can reflect so much of our internal health and overall wellbeing. Perhaps if your skin is acting up, and you are generally finding the job more stressful than you thought, you may find the job is not a fit for you. I do not mean to take your employment lightly, I just wonder if perhaps your body is telling you something.

Best wishes,
    TP

Happiness is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by namfr View Post
    Hi,

As any people affected by rosacea, I've always known that stress has a direct and immediate impact on my skin condition, especially on redness

Beyond those daily situations, I had no idea how severely regular exposure to stressful situations would affect me. I've experienced this since a few weeks, and this is really a bad news.
    I've started a new job which turned out to be extremely stressful (both because of its content and of the people involved) and my rosacea has started to go out of control. Worse ever eyes condition, increasing numbers of p&p, ... a real nightmare.

Did you experienced such a situation?

Yeah, stress, lack of sleep, then stress--that sucks. Might try some clonazepam for a week or two. It reduces flushing and keeps the stress response at bay for the most part. Might let you ease into the job atmosphere a bit easier. A bong hit before work may help, too. ;)
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.