Thread: dark circles cream

Default dark circles cream

Hi all, I have see a spot for a cream that should reduce shadows under the eyes, I don't remember well but maybe its name is: "Dark Circles".

I have read that may improve microcirculation..

Ingredients:
    Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Ethanol 8100), Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Steareth*20, Hydroxysuccinimide, 8utylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Acetyl Hexaoeotide-3

Does anyone has tried this cream?
    What do you think about these ingredients?

This user has been banned from this forum

In terms of effectiveness, I haven't seen a reliable report that any of the creams sold for dark circles actually works. If the circles are due only to melanin, they should respond to Hydroquinone bleaching creams. If they are due to capillaries - hard to treat. Some reported success with lasers or fat grafting in the area.

Ethyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) is irritable to many - it may not be apparent immediately after 1-2 applications but in my case it quickly leads to cumulative redness.

uhm ok.. thanks for the info

what a pity

Several years ago I used a (since discontinued) product from St. Ives called Dark Circle Diminisher. It worked amazingly well - I would say my dark circles were lightened a good 80%. I've since tried other vitamin K creams to get that last little bit, but haven't seen any further improvement. They aren't really noticeable any more, though. The great thing is, the change from the St. Ives stuff was permament. I think it helps to have better habits, like getting enough sleep and not rubbing your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Several years ago I used a (since discontinued) product from St. Ives called Dark Circle Diminisher. It worked amazingly well - I would say my dark circles were lightened a good 80%. I've since tried other vitamin K creams to get that last little bit, but haven't seen any further improvement. They aren't really noticeable any more, though. The great thing is, the change from the St. Ives stuff was permament. I think it helps to have better habits, like getting enough sleep and not rubbing your eyes.
    I was thinking if it may work with rosacea.. A day I'll try...

Quote Originally Posted by orangehorizon View Post
    Ethyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol) is irritable to many - it may not be apparent immediately after 1-2 applications but in my case it quickly leads to cumulative redness.

thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Hi all, I have see a spot for a cream that should reduce shadows under the eyes, I don't remember well but maybe its name is: "Dark Circles".

I have read that may improve microcirculation..

Ingredients:
    Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Ethanol 8100), Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Steareth*20, Hydroxysuccinimide, 8utylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Acetyl Hexaoeotide-3

Does anyone has tried this cream?
    What do you think about these ingredients?
    Alcohol and parabens always start alarm bells ringing: they are not good news for any skin, let alone one that has rosacea.