Thread: What does a rosacea pustule look like?

Default What does a rosacea pustule look like?

Hello - and apologies for such a gross question. I'm new here and have rosacea with redness and broken capillaries; but think I may be developing pustules - just not sure what they look like!

I've had really sore, painful skin lately - windy weather - and on the sorest bits (on cheeks and chin) seem to be developing tiny little blister-type things. They're very, very small - almost like they're in the pores. Is this what a rosacea pustule is like - or is it just a normal pus-filled spot?

Hope I haven't put anyone off their food etc. - rather a lot of detail, I know, but would appreciate any clarification here!

Many thanks,

Kristina

I'm no expert but I think I am getting some also and they look like a red bump with a whitish center. A papule is a red bump that is a bit raised and I think a pustule has a white center and probably it is pus filled (I know, gross). I am getting a couple and they do look a bit like blisters.

Here is a thread where it is discussed:
    http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...=pustule#22135

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Default Re: What does a rosacea pustule look like?

Quote Originally Posted by kristina b
    Hello - and apologies for such a gross question. I'm new here and have rosacea with redness and broken capillaries; but think I may be developing pustules - just not sure what they look like!

I've had really sore, painful skin lately - windy weather - and on the sorest bits (on cheeks and chin) seem to be developing tiny little blister-type things. They're very, very small - almost like they're in the pores. Is this what a rosacea pustule is like - or is it just a normal pus-filled spot?

Hope I haven't put anyone off their food etc. - rather a lot of detail, I know, but would appreciate any clarification here!

Many thanks,

Kristina
    Dear Kristina,
    To answer your question yes a rosacea pustule does usually appear as sore red spot and they are very sore and can be quite stinging to touch.
    If you knock the tops off they bleed relatively considerably for a small spot. Down inside the spot in the subcentre is a substance that looks like and smells like white hard fatty cheese. This thin fatty thread causes preasure to the inside underneath the top layer of skin which creates a tiny blood blister.This is the sore red spot and is allways under preasure.
    A pustule is as mentioned more yellow that usually never manages to make a boil. A boil eventually comes to a head and bursts naturally and is more a natural way for ridding unwanted waste.
    The previous two are just variations of a boil but the difference is that the waste they contain cannot reach a point where they become excreatable.
    This situation perpetuates the acne appearance of rosacea.
    The cause is just simply due to the inability of the sebum to be created in such a way that it will become excreatable by the body.
    The thing is that your body is not now attuned to creating pure sebum but instead failed sebum.
    It does not matter whatever the diagnosis is there is only one fundemental cause.
    Just my opinion although I know nothing about you and this goes for everone else people who are experiencing skin problems now, will almost certainly have had some sort of skin problems earlier in life its just the way we are and there are millions of us.
    The sad part is we are doing it to ourselves the good part is our body is telling us to stop eating some of the foods which we consume daily and the rejection appears on the outside thankfully.
    Hope you can manage to get it sorted!

Thanks, drums - I love the "hard fatty cheese" bit!! - well, I did ask for a description! Not sure mine are pustules, then, as they're not red anywhere - more like tiny colourless blisters, not really visible unless you look very, very closely. I should admit that I have tried squeezing but there doesn't seem to be anything there. I suppose people can blister after getting sunburnt, maybe mine have come on from the windburn - that has driven my skin mad these last few weeks.

Whereabouts in west Yorkshire are you? I'm in Yorkshire - though over in the east Riding, in Beverley.

Many thanks for your reply,
    Kristina