Thread: Why is it so difficult to treat the diffuse pinkness on my +

Default Why is it so difficult to treat the diffuse pinkness on my +

cheeks.

if IPL targets the red, why can't I get rid of the diffuse pinkness on my cheeks. What is my IPL operator doing wrong? it seems that getting rid of the pink would be so easy.

Is this pinkness the result of deeper vessels. I cannot see any visible dilated vessels?

Would laser be a better option. At what depth does the the laser treat. Is there an IPL filter that treats at the same depth.

Slowly going insane from rosacea
    Linda

Hi Linda......I am in the same boat as you. I have done many IPL's over the years and I still have pinkness....I am doing a series of 4 IPL's right now (just had #2 yesterday) and am planning on doing a few VBeams mixed in with this to see if I can finally get rid of the overall pinkness!

Maybe someone else will have some good answers for us on this topic!
    Dx 1998

Default pinkness and IPL

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I read a few of your other posts and you sound like me. I am not a SAHM but I am retired and I am just so relived that I do not have to leave the house. Rosacea has robbed me of so much that I am bitter and depressed. How can a couple of square inches of skin make my life a nightmare.

I'd like to know more about about your treatments ( filters, joules, pulses ). The derm ( the only one in a 1200 miles radius ) uses the Lumenis One which I thought was the gold standard. But he does not use the machine and the operators know how to turn on the machine, key in your skintype and then the machine chooses the settings which are the defaults. I get more frustrated by going there.

They refuse to do more than one pass.

I hope that we get some replies.

TTYL
    Linda

This user has been banned from this forum

I have red patches, not visible capillaries on cheeks and nose. I tried one IPL, one Vbeam, Laser genesis protocol and one KTP laser. Nothing got rid of the patches.

Hi....I totally understand....since my entire face is affected by rosacea and wearing makeup is the only way I have been able to function. I know it's there (burning stinging)but at least others are not focused on it and makeing me even more uncomfortable!

I am doing a series of 4 IPL's Candella is the manufacturer of the IPL they are using....I did tx #1 at 6 joules and yesterdays tx at 6.5j....she just plugs in my info and can adjust very little on the machine...just the joules from my understanding. But she does do a double pass....if not I don't think it would do a darn thing.

I did one Lumenius one in Dec but the tech was so inexperienced....she spaced them really far apart and didn't do a double pass...what a waste of time and money that was. One thing that happened on that treatment was strange....when she was doing my forehead the very 1st zap gave me an instant headace....like it bounced painfully off the bone....I had a horrible headache for hours afterward due to this....and I have had many IPL's over the years (on the older models) never has that happened....even if I bruised I never got an instant headache....something either about the Lumenius One or the tech....not sure which one!
    Dx 1998

Quote Originally Posted by orangehorizon
    I have red patches, not visible capillaries on cheeks and nose. I tried one IPL, one Vbeam, Laser genesis protocol and one KTP laser. Nothing got rid of the patches.
    Darn....that's not encouraging....what are we supposed to do...cut our heads off? Hope for a transplant donor?
    Dx 1998

Diffuse redness is hard to treat because the smallest vessels, close to the surface of the skin, must be targeted. It's difficult to deliver enough energy to zap these little guys without causing other damage. This blog posting discusses a journal article describing the difficulties.

I think a single treatment of any type is unlikely to significantly improve diffuse redness. On the other hand, with careful use of before and after pictures, you may be aware of some reduction after even one treatment. Have you read francois' thread on VBeam? He thought his single treatment did nothing, but on looking at his pictures, he saw 30%-50% improvement in diffuse redness.

I'm going for my first VBeam later on this month, and plan to have 3-4 total (hopefully!) in order to decrease my diffuse redness. I found the best-reviewed practitioner in my city, went for the consultation, and saw before and after pictures that convinced me that it at least some of their patients did see improvement. I would find it very difficult to go through the whole treatment, especially at such expense, if I didn't know what kind of results were possible with that doctor.