Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need encouragement- VBeam again!

Day 6 after VBeam.. Redness still persists. My redness calmed down on the evening of the treatment day but increased on day 2 and still red.

Used corticostreoid for the first 3 days, twice daily. Havent flushed/blushed since the treatment.

I believe the fact that redness is still here is because the settings were higher than the previous treatment.

I am gonna ask her to increase the settings even higher next time but I might have been treated by the treshold settings last time, meaning a slight increase in the settings might bruise me

I hope that my skin will turn back to how it was in a week and improve further the coming weeks.

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

How did your first day go?

It will go away in the end. I had really strong KTP once and it took about a month for the redness splats to completely go

First day was fine. Really red and swollen right after treatment. Both faded away significantly until evening. But the second day I woke up with much sweilling and redness.

I believe it will go away but I am having my next treatment in 3 weeks and gonna start from the beginning

Sorry I meant how was your first day at your new job

Sarah,

lol... My day was fine. I was not that busy as the softwares and networks were being set up for me. I was actually at work when I posted messages today.

I dressed up, put on my tinted Zinco and gone to work.

By nature, I am extremely nervous, anxious person. One of my new year resolutions was to overcome this issue. Well I didnt have to do anything, it just disappeared. I dont really wanna defend drugs but I cant think of anything else that could have helped me. I changed dramatically. I dont even blush anymore.

Well , lets hope it goes that way.

How was your day?

So you are doing your VBeam every 4weeks? I am looking into trying out VBeam and have several places to check out tomorrow. Do you think it's helping already?

Thanks
    Dx 1998

I had 2 VBeam treatments, first on October 15 and second is after 14 weeks. But planning to go for 3rd and 4th(maybe 5th) with 4 weeks apart.

I thought the first one didnt help much but before and after pictures shows good improvement, especially in terms of the redness, pores and texture of my nose. It looks like my cheeks are more of a pink after my treatment rather than red.

Its too early to talk about the results of the second one.

I've taken the flushing under control long before so I cant comment about that. But I'm feeling that its helping.

I had 2 pulsed dye laser treatments years ago. I also thought they never helped me but the summer of that year, my skin looked better than ever. Just hoping it'd be the case this year also.

I am being treated by 2002 model. There are more advanced models of VBeam now( Perfecta for instance) which have slightly more advantages over the older ones.

I think you should look into that. Where do you live anyways?

Hi I live in Michigan and have found several places that use the VBeam....I have to call and find out if they are the newer models....I think that would be best like you suggested. I have only done IPL's and they don't seem to be doing that much...in fact I am recovering from one I had last Friday. I was thinking of waiting until the end of the month and then go in for the VBeam instead this time. I should take a pic so I can tell if it helps...I have never been good about that...but it can help me be objective about the effectiveness of the treatments.

So based on what you said....you did get some good relief from the very 1st treatments years ago....it would seem like you should do even better this time around since your doing them closer together and more of them.

I just hate the downtime and recovery from these laser treatments...hopefully a week and I won't be to bad and can get around!

Forgot to ask....are you taking antibiotics to stop vessel regrowth? I am trying Biaxin right now...not sure if its helping or hurting!
    Dx 1998

Yes exactly. I believe it was the Pulsed Dye Laser that helped me. It was quite harsh though. My skin ended up crusting and turning ice blue. Like I said, for the full effects to show up, it can take upto months. Same for IPL. Also, VBeam is much superior to those old Pulsed Dye Lasers

Some derms on this board also suggest to go for Pulsed Dye Laser, if IPL doesnt work. How many IPLs did you have?

I have done about 15 IPL's....this was about 7yrs ago...and recently I have done 2 more and I was thinking maybe I should go for the VBeam and see if I can't get more cleareance with this....I am not saying that IPL doesn't work at all just not enough in my case and the techiniques and the available places back 7yrs ago weren't too shift in my area! No one did a double or triple pass and so on...it was a very expensive learning curve for the patient At least the place I went to now does the double and some areas a triple pass which makes it at least worth the while but results are what I am after. I think I just may have to many bloodvessels that the IPL can't reach or knock out. I did talk with another lady who I met 7-8 yrs ago and she had great success with the VBeam...she keeps telling me it's the way to go...I have been a big chicken about doing it...but after reading about others experiences with it hear on the group I feel really positive about it now.
    Dx 1998