Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Need encouragement- VBeam again!

Its the third day after my second VBeam treatment. The swelling has totally disappeared. I am still a little redder than pre-treatment.

There is a significant improvement in my pores. I had seb derm around my nose along with enlarged pores on my nose and cheeks. VBeam actually helped more with my seb derm than rosacea.

As far as I know, VBeam kills the bacteria that causes acne. Although i dont have acne, the logic behind seb derm should be the same.

Its weird that VBeam helps me more with texture problems. As far as I know, Meliissa had improvement in her flushing and burning. VBeam is said to help with redness only, but appearantly it helps with other problems too.

Cant wait to see my permanent redness improve!!

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well, francois. So you were swollen until day 2, then only slightly redder now? That's not a horrible amount of downtime.

And hey, if VBeam improves texture, I'm all for it! I had years of teen acne, then twentysomething acne (and maybe some seb derm), then thirtysomethign acne, then acne and wrinkles ... :-)

If some of these pores start behaving (although it may be the temporary aftereffects of swelling you're seeing rather than a permanent change), then that's a big asset!

Hey Francois,

That's great that you are doing better already!

You're right in that the VBeam has helped my flushing and burning. I have no perm redness so I can't comment on that. I'm not sure of the mechanism behind it. For Nd yag 1064 I know they think it normalizes the blood vessels somehow. For VBeam it probably just kills the bvs and when the new ones regrow the flushing and burning start occuring more frequently again. Just a guess.

Anyway, I hope your redness goes away quickly! Keep us posted.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Yes v beam (n-light) is used to treat both acne and seb derm. It helps the sebum levels and pores to normalize as well as killing of the bacteria.

It is my understanding that any laser/IPL will have a slight rejuvenating effect as it encourages the skin to lay down more collagen (might have got this completely wrong).

It s also a good reason to take a break from Ecstasy

Ok, So its been 72 hours and I am still red. Actually redder than yesterday. Now I look really flushed. It doesnt look like it will get better, but I know it does.. No swelling, just 3 times redder than usual.

Its hard to bare with it, especially after moving overseas for treatment, saving up, being nervous, spending a lot, and being all alone... I dont really worry about the negative aspects anymore but I do need to see improvement..

Francois,

I always get very red after treatment and it usually gets worse before it gets better. Don't worry, you will get better!! It' s actually a good sign that you got redder. That means something was accomplished and the healing has begun.

It must be terribly hard being all alone. I didn't realize you moved overseas for treatment. That's very brave of you! We are always here whenever you need us!

Big hugs!
    Melissa

Thank you Melissa,

I actually moved to Canada from Turkey to get rid of my rosacea. In the meantime, I got my masters degree and a job which starts this Monday

You are right. I need to keep my hopes high. I will definitely go for 2-3 more treatments. If I dont get good results with VBeam, I am willing to try other lasers, probably next Fall. I am going to look into Melatonan too.

I managed to control my flushing and blushing but the redness is so persistent and I dont think it is possible to eliminate it completely. I am hoping at least make it turn into a little pinkish as it used to be.

What are you planning to try in the future apart from VBeam with purpuric settings?

Thank you again for your nice words and I should say it makes me feel good to see you and others try to help each other out so passionately.

Hugs

Francois

Francois

Don't worry, I usually look like crap for the first few days after treatment. Then one day I can look pale and the next back to red and blotchy again.

I hope you have made some good friends over in Canada, they will see you through any bad times as will we

Good luck for Monday.

Best wishes

Sarah

Francois,

Congratulations on your masters degree! That's a very nice accomplishment.

I was thinking of trying IPL if the purpuric VBeam doesn't work or my derm won't do it for me. If only I could get this flushing burning under control I could be in any situation and not be nervous I'm going to flush. It really puts a damper on my spontaneity for sure. And just now, I was at the pharmacy and this rude woman was being difficult and I just kept hoping I wouldn't flush and thank goodness I didn't.

Sometimes I wonder what I used to do with all my free time before getting rosacea LOL. If it weren't for this board things would feel much worse.

Hang in there and we are all here for you!!
    Good luck with your new job!

Hugs,
    Melissa