Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need encouragement- VBeam again!

Default Need encouragement- VBeam again!

Hello Everyone.

I am just writing to let you know that I decided to continue with my VBeam treatments.

I had one VBeam treatment on October 15th which I dont think helped much. But I again, most people see improvement after a series of VBeam treatments. I have permanent diffuse background redness. When my face is really calm, I can actually see pale dots in the red area which I believe is a result of my VBeam treatment. I wasnt bruised during my first treatment and as far as I know for diffuse redness, bruising is not necessary. However, I m gonna ask my derm to use higher settings.

I am having my treatment tomorrow and I plan to get 4-5 treatments. At Baywood Clinic, around $400 Canadian each. I just hope that I can get at least 50% improvement after all.

I'll keep everyone posted how it goes.

Francois
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Good luck Francois!

I am considering purpuric VBeam for my flushing and burning.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Good luck, francois! (And say hi to Dr. Chan for me :-) )

Yeap. I had my treatment and it hurt so bad!

It was a pleasant meeting with Dr Chan. She showed me pics taken before my first treatment and before today's treatment. Although I thought VBeam didnt help much, pictures show at least 30% improvement on cheeks and 50% on nose. Most of the redness on my nose had dissappeared. It helped with seb derm and texture too. It is unbelievable!

Today, I asked her to use higher settings. She checked on my skin frequently to make sure I dont get bruised. Luckily with higher settings, I am not bruised. I am really red and swollen though.

I am going to use hydrocortisone for few days. I'll keep you posted over the course of several weeks. I am really encouraged to find out that my skin actually improved with the first treatment.

Francois

Hey Melissa,

I hope you get good results with purpuric settings. I think higher degree of improvement is well worth bruises for a week. I may ask for the same in my next treatment.

When are you planning to get your next treatment? Also, do you think VBeam helped you with the texture of your skin?

Francois

Hi Francois,

I am so glad for you that your VBeam really helped your redness!

I am scheduled for my next VBeam Feb 11th but I might reschedule.
    There never is a good time though so I don't know what to do. I am nervous to take more time off from work ( I took off like 6 weeks total in 2007 just for laser treatment and recovery!).

I called my laser derm to ask about purpuric VBeam (if she would do it because she is very conservative) but she had the receptionist call me back to tell me she would do anything within reason. I wanted to speak with her but I didn't feel like pushing the issue. It's so frustrating to get these doctors to communicate sometimes.

The last VBeam I had didn't help me at all with my flushing and burning whereas the 1st 4 VBeams did. That's why I ws thinking of going to a higher power. I understand it will bruise me for about 4 weeks but I guess it all depends and since my dr didn't call me back I guess I will have to find out at my feb appt if she will do it and how long the downtime will be. I absolutely will not be able to take more than 1 week off and even that will be pushing it at work. It's not that I get paid when I don't work (I am an independent contractor and get no days off, sick days, vacation days etc) but they do rely on me to be there.

As far as does VBeam helping the texture of my skin I wouldn't say that it does. But, to be fair, my skin is very smooth and that is my one good skin quality right now LOL. I have always had smooth skin and I was worried VBeam might mess it up because for about 1-2 weeks after VBeam my skin seems a bit rough in texture and uneven but then (thankfully) it goes back to normal. Have you noticed a difference in skin texture from having VBeams?

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Wow -- such good results after even one treatment? That's great!

Did you have your entire face done, including your forehead, or just cheeks, nose and chin?

Keep us up to date on your reactions (redness/swelling) and how you feel. Sorry to hear that it was painful, but for these kind of results, it sounds like it's worth it.

Hi again,

Its been 9 hours since my treatment. Redness and swelling has calmed down. But as far as I remember, swelling gets worse on the second day, especially when you wake up. I'll try to elavate my head as much as I can when I go to bed tonight.

I always look at the mirror in a place where the light is not bright. I kind of developed a phobia so I cant look at myself in bright light. Therefore, I must have missed seeing the improvement.

The pics were taken in the same room, on the same chair, at same light. As I mentioned, sides of my nose used to be red. I always thought it was sebderm cuz I never flush/blush on my nose. Its so clear in the picture that redness and texture are much better. The improvement on my cheeks are less but there still is some.

Tompkin, I only had my cheeks and nose treated. The laser even hurts my eyes for some reason. I agree that it feels like hot oil being sprayed on your skin. I am pain free now though. Treatment took around 10 mins. She treated my cheeks and nose and increased the settings and passed over for the second time. Then put ice bag on my face for 10 mins and applied cortisosteroid. I am applying ice 5-10 mins every hour.

I will start my first job here in Toronto on Monday. I have few more days and I think I'll get better. I love tinted zinco and use it daily basis. It will cover some of the extra redness post-treatment.

Melissa, as far as I heard, bruises disappear in 5-10 days. I am wondering if you can go to work after treatment. Actually, my face doesnt look so bad right now and I could go to work tomorrow. A little make up could cover redness, not sure about the bruises.

I had done regular PDL around 5-6 years ago when I was at doing undergrad studies and I had to go to school the next day. My skin crusted and was icey blue. When people asked, I said I had an allergy... lol... I dont think anyone believed.

At this time, I have hope that VBeam is going to impove the quality of my life significantly. Please feel free to ask me anything about VBeam or Baywood clinic. i'd be happy to answer.

And good luck to you all in your treatments!

Francois

Hi Francois,

It should help you to sleep on a few pillows for the next few days to minimize swelling. Also, an antihistamine before bed should help. Something like Benadryl could help with the swelling and help you sleep as an added benefit.

Best of luck for quick healing and a pale skin outcome!

Melissa

Hey,

My skin seems to be redder and more swollen on the second day after VBeam treatment. But I remember it was much more swollen last time.

Melissa, I listened to your advice and got Benadryl. I believe it helped with the swelling.

I know its gonna take few weeks to see results if any.

Francois