Thread: Minerals Make-up

Retired Moderator

Default Minerals Make-up

Hi!
    I was clearly and definitively instructed by my wife to utilize my time on the Rosacea Forum to benefit her for a change. She has a question. She doesn't have rosacea but she was interested in the mineral make-up that is seemingly so common now.
    Has anyone on the site used it as they recommend it for sensitive skin. She doesn't have rosacea, but does have sensitive skin. I am the "lucky" one with rosacea. Yeah me.
    Anyway, if anyone could weigh in on the pros cons if you tried it, I would appreciate it so I could report back to her.
    Thanks,
    Rob

Hi Rob,

What type of skin does your wife have? Is it dry or normal or oily? I find the mineral makeups to be drying and since my skin is dry to begin with I just can't get a natural look with them. I think they work better for oily and normal skin types.

Here is some more info on them:
    http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...makeup&start=0

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...makeup&start=0

and lastly, there is a forum called mineral makeup mania. I have never checked it out but I hear good things about it from the RSG members.
    http://login.prospero.com/dir-login/...ia%3FlgnJR%3D1

Hope this helps your wife!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Hey Rob,

My skin didn't likey Bare Escentuals makeup nor La Bella Donna mineral makeup. Many of the mineral foundations have bismuth oxychloride in it, which can irritate some skins. It made my face feel itchy and also the mineral foundation looked to "martian" like or too glowy for my taste. I use Laura Mercier Oil-free makeup which works fine for my skin. I did read Everyday Minerals makeup is without bismuth oxychloride.... Haven't tried it though.

Good luck in your quest.

Yvette

Retired Moderator

Melissa and Yvette;
    Thanks so much for your kind replies. My wifes skin (while sensitive and prone to a little acne once a month like many women) is normal. Makes me sick (ha ha). Clean, not red or irritated, no waves of oil. Makes me insanely jealous.
    I am on lo-dose accutane and it only barely fights back the oily mess I developed in my old (39) age for some unknown reason.
    Again, thanks so much for the links and responses. When she gets into our office this morning, I will show her your kind responses.
    Yours,
    Rob and Tiffany

Default Glo Minerals

I used this brand through my derm's office. It was created by a former higher up at Lancome. It was alright, but I found it felt heavy on my skin. I didn't like how it made my skin look, and if I had an dryness it accentuated the problem. I tried some other mineral make-ups and wasn't much impressed either. A few months ago I tried Dr. Hauschka. I used the base and powder. While it doesn't give the best coverage, it felt good on my face and didn't irritate it.

Sorry I don't have better information for you to act on.

Retired Moderator

Just wanted you all to know my wife said "Thanks!"
    She is wearing the mineral make up she bought (heck if I remember what brand) based on your rec's and links as we speak and she looks great. She likes it and I like her in it so to speak.
    We work together all day every day so her happines is literally the most important thing in my life!
    Thanks for the help,
    Rob

That's great Rob!

BTW Her happiness should be your most important consideration anyway, regardless of working conditions
    Say hi to Tiffany from the Forum!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

i use this brand everydayminerals.com its brilliant..all natural and most of the foundations only have around 4 ingredients...the green tint concealer is a god send...and no bismuthe chloride or whatever its called (can cause itching in some people