Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Effective Treatments for Rosacea

Hi George,

How about RLT. Did that affect your redness at all do you think?
    I know it calmed down your flushing etc but what effect do you think the RLT had in your other symptoms?

Best wishes,
    Melissa

[QUOTE=fut;187650]Knowledge of one owns body grows with age and i'm glad to say that I have become more astute to dealing with my skin problems. I'm very happy to add two more highly effective treatments for Rosacea. I'd also like to note that i've stopped one of my treatments.

I've stopped Melanotan. Why? Melanotan has been wonderful to me and I would recommend it to people for immediate help with their symptoms. PLEASE read my other posts in regards to it. The reasons why I stopped, from most ipmportant to least:
    1) I've found better solutions!
    2) It's not natural. I've learned to take a more holistic approach to my my skin problems.
    3) If I choose to continue, it's like i've chosen to never stop. It only treats the symptoms of Rosacea (it treats all of the symptoms, by the way)
    4) Injecting does not feel good, neither does the occasional stomach discomfort a few hours after injecting.

When you say it treats all symptoms do you mean p&ps aswell?? I am worried about the apparent oiliness that you get as a side affect, and worried that this might cause an increase in acne/p&ps? Did you haver this problem at all??
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by melissawohl View Post
    How about RLT. Did that affect your redness at all do you think?
    I know it calmed down your flushing etc but what effect do you think the RLT had in your other symptoms?
    Hey Melissa,

RLT scratched the surface. Even IPL only scratched the surface of my base redness. The best way I can describe it is that since many of the flushing, burning, blushing symptoms have subsided, my skin wasn't as reactive and therefor appeared more calm. I was convinced I would remain like any other person with a red nose and no other Rosacea symptoms, if I were at my best.

Quote Originally Posted by antsidee View Post
    When you say it treats all symptoms do you mean p&ps aswell?? I am worried about the apparent oiliness that you get as a side affect, and worried that this might cause an increase in acne/p&ps? Did you haver this problem at all??
    Thanks!!
    Sorry I never had a visible case of p&ps. Melanotan would cover up my inflammatory acne though. I'm sure you would see the same effect with p&ps.

Side note about acne - Colon Hydrotherapy was meant to treat my acne, which it has done so far. This time of year I usually am at my worst. It's hot and humid as hell here in NYC. But now my skin is better then it was in the winter. Again, I can't totally pinpoint this on Colon Hydrotherapy, because I have been on a much better diet and have been using Cerave's Moisturizer. I can say that it all my skin problems are tied with the bacteria in my body!

Thanks George.
    Yay on the heat wave breaking tonight
    It has been way too hot in NYC the last 4 days

Melissa,

I've been real happy about the weather and my skin lately - it's the best skin i've had since 6 years ago

Let me just make a note to all that at my last colonic, came right before Sharon's (my wonderful colon therapist) appointment with Cate Blancett

I can't recommend this treatment enough for skin and overall health. The texture of my skin is so smooth compared to what it was before I started these treatments. My blemishes have disappeared even in my trouble zones! Best of all, it got rid of the red butterfly on my face!!!!

Say a normal radiant skin having this red butterfly severeness of 0/10 , many people with 'normal' skin even have it at 3/10 (e.g. people with paler skin who do not have rosacea) Mine was a 5.5/10 before colon therapies. The only thing that would help em in regards to this was Melanotan, which brought me to a 0/10.

After my second colon therapy my butterfly red face which I thought I could never get rid of(only cover up) is now at a 1.5/10 ! NO Exaggeration here.

I'm extactic

Hey fut,

How much do the colonics cost and how often do you get them? How long does it take and is it painful? Do you take any other vitamins or have a special diet? The colonics seem strange but intruiging, kind a bit personal, but hmmm.... if it works might be something to check out. It's awesome you're seeing results.

Thanks.

Yvette

I am glad they are working for you George!!

Cate Blanchett certainly has the most lovely skin around!!

Keep us posted.

Melissa

maybe people could add the approx. price for the treatments they've tried, which is often a factor in the decision to try it.

Hello

Well virtually the same type of thread was started two weeks previously on the Rosacea Support Community under the name of "Help with choosing treatments":

http://rosacea-support.org/community...&sd=d&start=10

Always good to let people hear about what has helped others and also read about the success stories that do happen despite what others may think.

Thanks

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hello

Well virtually the same type of thread was started two weeks previously on the Rosacea Support Community under the name of "Help with choosing treatments":

http://rosacea-support.org/community...&sd=d&start=10

Always good to let people hear about what has helped others and also read about the success stories that do happen despite what others may think.

Thanks

Peter
    Yes Peter it is a good idea to see what has helped others and what has not remembering all the while we are all individuals reacting differently.
    BTW Please note this thread started back in January

Best wishes,
    Melissa