Thread: Making Pores Smaller?

Default Making Pores Smaller?

I've heard IPL does this. Just wondering for those who have had IPL, did it help in this regard? (i know most of us with rosacea have HUGE dilated pores... yay haha).

I've had vbeam (only two done) but that didnt do anything to my pores (not that i was expecting it to, but it would have been nice!)

I would say that IPL has had the effect of reducing pore-size. Its subtle, though - I'm not sure I would have IPL specifically for this; there must be cheaper ways to reduce pore size.

I want to get rid of my permanent redness too. I've had the vbeam (which helped a bit - only two sessions though) and was wondering if i should stick with that, or try out IPL since vbeam doesnt do anything to pore size, doesnt really smooth out your skin either.

This user has been banned from this forum

Not only people with rosacea or acne have huge pores. It's more of an aging thing, collagen reduction in skin, than some 'skin disease'. Also, the 'pores' could just be microscopic hairs.

Do not do IPL because it 'smoothes out skin'. If there is any effect, you will need a gazillion IPL's to begin to notice it. There is currently no method that can reduce the 'pores', including the most invasive CO2 laser so don't get hooked up on such marketing tricks.

Red Light Therapy improves the texture of the skin and minimizes pores. It's not a quick fix, and it's not a permanent fix. Because it calms inflammation and aids/allows tissue healing RLT's benefits are good for as long as you use it; unless the source of inflammation is removed the symptoms will recur over time if RLT is stopped. Just like most meds that treat symptoms.

I have used RLT for over a year regularly and I no longer have enlarged pores on my nose or cheeks. They took about 8 months to be completely gone. That's a big commitment but I have other benefits from the RLT and notice when I go without for a length of time, similar to if I go without MetroCream.

Happiness is a choice.

Hey TP...on your RLT is it all red led for facial treatment??

Thanks!
    Dx 1998

Hi Lookout,

I started with all red, went through a short period of acclimation then used it for about 3 months steady before progressing to a 50/50 combination of red (660nm) & near-infrared (880nm). Works like a charm for me.

Best wishes,
    TP

Happiness is a choice.