Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new sunscreen

This user has been banned from this forum

The inactive ingredients are just mattifying silicones. Amazon.com says the active sunscreens are 8% TiO2 and 3.8% ZnO. The ciba sunscreen simulator program estimates UVA factor between 5.5 and 10.5.

The SPF is UVB factor.

TiO2 = Titanium Dioxide
    ZnO = Zinc Oxide

Not sure about Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone. Hope it's nothing like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is a bad detergent.

whatever it is, doesn't seem to be a problem:
    http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ing...ngred06=703457

Checked all the other ingredients and all look fine Not often we can say that! Only snag is its nearly impossible to buy, in the UK anyway.

Default sunscreen

i tried it...it's amazing...no irritation whatsoever...i have tried a million sunscreens...i'm in love

Falllene seems to have no intention to make this available outside of doctors offices or salons in the USA.
    They have not responded to my second email to that effect.
    I wonder if/when amazon will start supplying it....

There is a similar all physical + mattifiers sunscreen, I tested it once and it was nice to smear, not white and matte on forhead:

http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=550

NIA24 Sun Damage Prevention 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30
    Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 9.45%, Zinc Oxide 3.6%
    Inactive Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Water, Octyldodecyl, Neopentanoate, Myristyl Nicotinate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, 1,5,5,9-Tetramethyl-13-Oxatricyclotridecane, Maltol, Pentadecalactone, Dimethiconol, Polysilicone-11, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Phenoxyethanol, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Limoene, Linalool.

The silicones in the above may not be mattifying, the main mattifier seems to be the corn starch.

hi,

there seems to be a lot of ingredients in this one and I would be concerned about the niacin in it. Isn't that supposed to cause flushing?

Cant remember which form of niacin was causing flushing. It's a nice sunscreen but overpriced.

What amount and price is TIZO3?

I paid $37 for mine. I live in the UK but managed to find it at http://www.lauralanes.com it doesn't appear to be on their website but I emailed them, they sent me a paypal money request. hey presto a week later and here is is! they also charged only $3.50 for postage - cost price, which is a novelty

I've just put some on now. it comes out brown/tinted but dries clear. It is very powdery and drying, but should be fine over a moisuriser. As I have seb derm it shows up some flakiness, but rather that than irritating oils and a shiney face. It does leave a matte finish, so I'm hoping it will hide my sebum overproduction problem.

Overall this is the best sunscreen I used. Thanks so much Amanda for letting us know about it.

What is the amount of sunscreen (oz or ml)?
    Does it have the typical caked foundation look that looks like makeup? Does the sunscreen film break over pores and emphasize them or it remains continuous and hides them?