Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Facial fat loss due to IPL/Laser

Hi Lissa,

I'm so sorry if my posts upset you. I was only trying to clear up some confusion about fat loss and IPL and I do apologise for dredging this whole awful ordeal up. Please accept my heartfelt apologies.

Sincerely,
    Melissa

And thanks Sarah for removing her full name from the post.

This user has been banned from this forum

Default lissa can you email me?

Hi Lissa

I am suffering from the same problem you had with IPL. I'd really love to chat with you about it. My email is removed at request of poster. I do hope you will contact me, it would so help me. Thanks Belinda

Edited by Melissa at the request of the poster
    Last edited by Melissa W; 7th November 2008 at 02:33 PM.

Belindah: I hope you will be able to relate some of your experience to the forum, if/when you feel ok about doing so. It might help a lot of people to know of potential dangers with IPL, and this is very much an under-discussed topic.

Default IPL Pitting - NOT RARE, Fat loss possible

Quote Originally Posted by sweden View Post
    hi everyone,
    I read a few articles on the web about the loss of facial fat due to IPL and laser-treatments. It sounds really horrible and I hope this is something very very rare, cause the horror stories I've read about this side-effect makes facial fat loss my biggest worry when it comes to IPl and laser-treatments. Has anybode here experienced anything like this? I think its the most common under the eyes (so they end up looking more hollow), and on the cheeks so they look more bony (like old people sometimes have). Any thoughts on this subject? Oh I remember that someone on the Yahoo rosacea-group had had this side-effect, read about it a couple of years ago.

/Fredrik

Exclamation IPL Pitting

To the Group: Six years ago I was hired to sell Orion Lasers, now Alma lasers. I have had many IPL treatments and I have noticed minor fat volume loss. However, worse, is pitting and I just experienced that in a treatment that was too hot, two weeks ago. I am standing by to see what the final outcome with be but to be clear - IPL's CAN CAUSE FACIAL PITTING, an orange skin like effect and I will never have another treatment.

People should avoid lasers at ALL costs! I used to use these things; they WILL cause fat loss in the long term. I am deeply depressed by what has happened to my face from laser treatments over the years. Big mistake! Will eventually need fat graft to restore some of the fat that I've lost .... AVOID!

Default IPL fat loss

Is it my imagination or are there fewer stories of fat loss with IPL recently? Is there any research being done at the moment?

I had ipl and vbeam and biggest regret of my life. I don't give a **** if people or doctors don't understand how it's possible or if I can happen. Trust me lasers can damage your face permanently if use in the wrong hands or your skin can not handle it. I went to get s few red spots treated and and pinkish skin and X1 later zap marks ...fat loss....holes and strange texture and then a lot of red!
    Not worth the risk at all.

I'm worried about some strange lines on my face after ipl. Has anyone shared pictures of the damage done so I know what to look for? I've read about scaring and dents, and want to know if what I see is similar. I can share pictures too.

I have some pics on here. Strange texture thread. My laser damage is pretty messed up, but hard to see all the damage in the pics