Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyratine-6 comes out in Feb. 2008

Hi -

In response to EK's post.... Well, if your Derm. is saying Lumeris/Pyratine 6 lotion or cream doesn't work because there is no cure for Rosacea, then that is true. But to say the lotion or cream won't help Rosacea and other skin conditions, I disagree. Honestly, this is the best non-irritating product I've put on my face. It's soothing, reduces redness, and is non-irritating. I use it every night and until something better comes along, I will continue to purchase. Sure, I still have Rosacea, but my face is less red.

Curious if you have more insight on your Derm's opinion?

Yvette

I'm shocked!!!!!!! It's the best I have ever used.

Hi EK1,

Did your derm mean Pyratine did not work on rosacea or wrinkles, or both? So far I have only heard good things about Pyratine-6. Obviously it's not a cure for rosacea but users, so far, do say it reduces redness.

hi,

update..my skin is more moisturized and brighther, redness reduced in three days, but i am breaking out on my cheeks with one big one on my right side.

maybe it is because i recently shifted to low doxy 40 mg from azithromycin, and it will take some time to take effect and control p&ps.

I dont want to stop the cream but if p&ps continue, i will have 2. it will be a shame.

any suggestions.

dc

Default response to ek1's post

One important thing to remember is that an actual cure is not neccessary to be almost, or even completely rosacea free. Its possible to get rid of your rosacea symptoms with laser therapy, its not technically a cure by definition, but it provides the result of not having the symptoms like a cure would, but rather puts the symptoms into remission. Oracea can get rid of all papules on the face while your on it, but once you discontinue they can come back, but the treatment still can help you achieve the same symptom clearance as a cure would. This is still a great result, no symptoms, even if we still have the "rosacea gene". Like others have already said, this product will not cure you, but it can reduce your symptoms and possibly put them into remission for some (depending on your symptoms). I am currently using it and would recommend it. I have seen a reduction in redness after a matter of weeks of twice daily application. My full verdict will be at least after 12 weeks of twice daily use, if not more.

Well he said it wouldnt help with the redness, that it's a vitamin b cream (im pretty sure thats the vitamin he said) and that his office samples everything so he knows.

I don't know, i may have to order the cream for myself, but i dont want to use anything without telling him since it's hard for him to help me without knowing what i'm using. It's been a long process with me just getting my skin to calm down (months we're talking), and i've just started doxy so i dont think i should switch too many things up otherwise i wont know what's causing what.

but i'm hoping to read more positive reviews so i can hopefully try this in the future if it does work.

Your dermatologist has mixed up Pyratine-6 up with another product. Pyratine-6 active ingredient is a cytokinin and not a vitamin.

Pyratine-6 is still relatively new so maybe the Lumeris sales people have not visited your dermatologist's office yet.

www.pyratine-6.com
    Last edited by oppy55; 15th April 2008 at 06:32 AM.

Seems like most people here have bought the creme rather then the lotion, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by altria123 View Post
    hi,

update..my skin is more moisturized and brighther, redness reduced in three days, but i am breaking out on my cheeks with one big one on my right side.

maybe it is because i recently shifted to low doxy 40 mg from azithromycin, and it will take some time to take effect and control p&ps.

I dont want to stop the cream but if p&ps continue, i will have 2. it will be a shame.

any suggestions.

dc
    Hi dc,
    I would surmise that your recent p&p outbreak has more to do with the switch of azithromycin to low dose doxy. It will take a while for your system to acclimate so hopefully your p&p reaction will dissipate ponce the doxy takes effect. Give it 4-6 weeks from the start of the Oracea.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

Does this product reduce flushing or is it only for permanent redness?