Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: SIBO rosacea link

Default gut flora reasearch

I sent a message via the website, but didn't get any answer sadly.
    Sorry to hear that !

In a mail they say the logistic part of the research is not easy --> the research is for free and they now have already 5000 participants (they want to go to 10.000). I think because of logistical reasons they take only Flanders. I fear there aren't many rosaceans between the participants. Your participation had been more than welcome, it's such a pitty you aren't allowed.

Hopefully there will be a cure one time (and I hope we don't have to wait 10 to 20 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo7 View Post
    Sorry to hear that !

In a mail they say the logistic part of the research is not easy --> the research is for free and they now have already 5000 participants (they want to go to 10.000). I think because of logistical reasons they take only Flanders. I fear there aren't many rosaceans between the participants. Your participation had been more than welcome, it's such a pitty you aren't allowed.

Hopefully there will be a cure one time (and I hope we don't have to wait 10 to 20 years)
    Yep, we are in the same land! Sad. Like if the gut flora will be different because there is an imaginary border at 5km of my home. I live next to the "linguistic border".
    Too bad!

Sorry to hear that !

Hey Mojo7,
    I received an email form the darmflora study. They said I will receive an email in the next weeks regarding the study.

Hope I will be part of it!

Default gut flora research

I received an email form the darmflora study. They said I will receive an email in the next weeks regarding the study.

Hope I will be part of it!
    Super !!! I cross my finders you can participate !!

Like you said, it's just an imaginary border

greetings

ps Will you let me know something when you know more about your participation ? Like I said before ... I cross my finders !! (if you want you can mail me at rosacea at hotmail dot be)

Super !!! I cross my finders you can participate !!

Like you said, it's just an imaginary border

greetings

ps Will you let me know something when you know more about your participation ? Like I said before ... I cross my finders !! (if you want you can mail me at rosacea at hotmail dot be)
    I'll give you news!

Default Oregano oil and garlic for treating SIBO

I used oregano oil capsules alternating with one clove crushed garlic as an alternative to pharmaceutical antibiotics, ( these herbs are strong antibiotics) for bacterial overgrowth. Oregano oil is also analgesic and anti inflammatory, as well as well as supportive to digestion. Both kill candida, so will not extirpate bacteria and leave you with collateral damage. Garlic does not kill lacto bacteria, so is quite supportive to digestion.
    In my case, this combo worked well in treating bacterial overgrowth. But bacterial Overgrowth will return if the gut/immune system is not fully healed. I think this is where treatment regimens can fail, by not being comprehensive or wholistic enough.
    Allopathic medicine blasts the system with pharmaceutical antibiotics that can cause extensive damage to the immune system and gut, temporarily removing bacteria, but also setting the stage for deeper illness.
    This search and destroy method is unlikely to be a genuine quick fix and we may require deeper understanding of the interrelationships of the entire body to fully heal.
    My bacterial overgrowth was antibiotic induced. Anything that damages the integrity of the gut or gut bacteria can set the stage for SIBO. Research is also linking GMO foods to gut inflammation and immune system dysfunction. One of the few question they ask when you go in for the hydrogen breath test is "Have You Used Antibiotics?"
    My Rosacea went away after the use of oregano oil, garlic and a specific carbohydrate diet that does not feed bacteria, but I still had to rebuild my system carefully and slowly through diet. Throughout the rebuild stage, my skin would flush very slightly if my bacteria counts went up or I ate something I was allergic to. Eventually, as the gut heals, the food allergies go away, along with the flushing, and the gut is healthier and less prone to bacterial overgrowth as the immune system improves.
    The quick fix mentality can lead to further damage/imbalance. It's a good idea to work with a naturopath who understands digestive and immune system issues.
    Last edited by DianaLynn; 8th July 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

The GAPS diet is meat based, DianaLynn, and I am vegan. What would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Starlite View Post
    The GAPS diet is meat based, DianaLynn, and I am vegan. What would you suggest?
    Starlike, the rebuilding diets I am aware of all include animal products. The Body Ecology Diet less so, but it is for milder health issues, mainly candida.
    I was once a vegetarian, and I had to really examine whether or not it served my health well. It's a personal decision.
    It is interesting to note that even in the Asian monasteries where vegetarian diets are the norm, meat and fermented dairy are often employed for periods of time to rebuild a damaged or weak constitution.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flushing type rosacea.
    Topicals- raw honey cleanser and facial, pure cold pressed Rosehip seed oil for moisturizer.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaLynn View Post
    Starlike, the rebuilding diets I am aware of all include animal products. The Body Ecology Diet less so, but it is for milder health issues, mainly candida.
    I was once a vegetarian, and I had to really examine whether or not it served my health well. It's a personal decision.
    It is interesting to note that even in the Asian monasteries where vegetarian diets are the norm, meat and fermented dairy are often employed for periods of time to rebuild a damaged or weak constitution.
    I deeply appreciate your reply. I have a lot of thinking and research to do.

One of the first objections I can register to any animal based foods is that all animals store toxins in their fat cells and their bones. If I am sick due to the incredibly heavy toxic load we are all carrying right now, and I believe I am, then taking in the toxins the animals couldn't expel by eating them won't help heal much.

Right now I am not eating right at all.. I kind'a just got hopeless for a bit.. but if I can heal this gut problem then it's worth being very strict. I am hoping this SIBO is the core issue. I see the Doc tomorrow.. and I am thinking of... <shudder> taking their SIBO specific anti-bionics... maybe.. ARGH this is hard..

Anyway.. also ponder on this..