Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SIBO rosacea link

From what I have read, sugar and carbs worsen SIBO because that's what the bacteria thrive on. It is interesting to note that a low sugar/carb diet often helps rosacea, according to many posts I have read on the rosacea boards. Here is some info:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-119059784.html

Artist

Low stomach acid and poor digestion were the first things i targeted when i was first diagnosed. Betaine and Vit B didn't help me then but it is interesting to see that the topic keeps resurfacing. This plus the fact that so many of us suffer from low gastric acid and IBS surely means that there must be some connection. As Artist said, not the cause but part of of the symptoms.
    There is another element linked to this which i believe contributes to my problem and that is Leaky Gut. People who have abused antibiotics and certain foods, and stress, and who have had IBS for a while tend to develop leaky gut which lets all kinds of bad guys into the blood stream. I think that is a factor in my P&Ps...btw, Glutamine is recommended to heal that...
    Anyway, i might just give the Betaine another try...

I notice SIBO and the commonly discussed "Candida" have similar treatments. I wonder if some (or all) the folks who improve due to treating candida are actually benefitting from improved SIBO. Small intestine permeability is increased with SIBO, so perhaps that's where the leaky gut comes in.

Look at the effects of SIBO:

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/292/7/852

Especially here (from JAMA):

"Altered gastrointestinal motility and sensation, changed activity of the central nervous system, and increased sympathetic drive and immune activation may be understood as consequences of the host response to SIBO."

Perhaps this is why treating SIBO, for me, has helped.

Artist

which treatments

I use Pau D'arco (the liquid extract), two weeks on/two weeks off. I take a garlic pill in the morning and evening, and olive leaf extract during the two weeks off Pau D'arco. I also try not to overdo it with sugar and carbs. I have noticed when I stop the garlic pills and start again, I do better. I'd be careful with garlic, though, since it is a trigger for some. Also, both garlic and Pau D'arco thin the blood, so you would want to be careful not to take them with NSAIDS, and certainly talk to your doctor to be sure they don't interfere with any current meds.

Artist

do you have some improvment of your rosacea?

Die Ursache für die erhöhte Darmdurchlässigkeit liegt in einer deutlichen Darmdysbiose, die bei fast allen unseren Neurodermitispatienten vorliegt und mit einem Überschuss an fakultativ pathogenen Bakterien und Pilzen und einer Verminderung der gesunden milchsäureproduzierenden Bakterien einhergeht. In einer zusammenfassenden Studie mit 110 Neurodermitispatienten [15] konnten wir nachweisen, dass in fast 50% der untersuchten Fälle deutlich erniedrigte Werte von Laktobazillen und Bifidobakterien und eine massive Vermehrung fakultativ pathogener Keime wie hämolytische E. coli, Klebsiella, Proteus, Clostridien und von Hefepilzen wie Candida und Geotrichum vorlag.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.spezialklinik-neukirchen....l/alergo_r.htm

Very interesting, they say that all people with Atopic dermatitis have a gut dysbiose, and that cause a intestine permeability.

Which things can stop the intestine permeability? Glutamin?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Low stomach acid and poor digestion were the first things i targeted when i was first diagnosed. Betaine and Vit B didn't help me then but it is interesting to see that the topic keeps resurfacing. This plus the fact that so many of us suffer from low gastric acid and IBS surely means that there must be some connection. As Artist said, not the cause but part of of the symptoms.
    There is another element linked to this which i believe contributes to my problem and that is Leaky Gut. People who have abused antibiotics and certain foods, and stress, and who have had IBS for a while tend to develop leaky gut which lets all kinds of bad guys into the blood stream. I think that is a factor in my P&Ps...btw, Glutamine is recommended to heal that...
    Anyway, i might just give the Betaine another try...
    I will get now Glutamine and Betaine and some probiotics.also lower sugger and lower carb. to improve my gut. I look forward to see what will happen.

Which things can stop a gut dysbiose also?

Yes. My skin has been doing well for a long time. I just started with the SIBO treatment not that long ago. Three or four months, maybe, for the Pau D'arco. The others I started later. Anyway, it just allows me to push my triggers further. For example, I can walk out in cold weather for longer without getting a flare. And actually, it allows me to eat more bread/carbs. I could only tolerate a tiny bit before. Now I can eat more of it without feeling heated up on the face. I try not to overdo it and cancel out the good effects of the herbs, but oh I love my carbs!

I recently added psyllium husk - a little per day mixed in water, to reduce gut transit time. If you digest more quickly, you will reduce SIBO.

Cheers!

Artist

How may percentage do you improve your rosacea?