Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SIBO rosacea link

Default Your not getting it

Quote Originally Posted by pca_ View Post
    Steve, I guess the confusing part is that J-MILL believes you have to take 3-4 different antibiotica at the same time to try and treat rosacea with Rifaximin. That is not the case. I dont know why she would believe that.
    No the confusing part is you have not read my post. Read it again. Steve posted the relevant portions and you are still missing it.

My point is that RIFAXIMIN is the only antibiotic that does not carry the concern of producing resistant strains of tuberculosis and does NOT have to be taken with other antibiotics.

It is the other Rifamycin based drugs (look at my post closely) that carries this risk when used as monotherapy.

As for people not carrying around tuberculosis bacteria you are wrong, just because you do not exhibit symptomology doesn't mean you are not a carrier. It is very common and there are a plethora of circumstances under which you can pick it up.

So to conclude Rifaximin safe, other rifamycin based antibiotics not so much as monotheraphy.
    "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Retired Moderator

PCA-
    Yeah, it took me a minute too, but look closely at Steve's post above. The red highlighted part is the important part and Steve was trying to clarify it for you.
    J-mill (who is a he by the way) seems to be on the right track here.
    It's all good though. As I said, when Steve put the quoted text up yesterday it took me a second to realize what he was doing especially since I wasn't following this thread too closely.
    Of course, that still leaves open the question of what J-mill may or may not have been smoking.
    Rob

We all know the kind of people that say one thing and then later deny ever having said that, however in this textly world we are privilieged that we can always go back and see exactly what was said! Let's see what J-Mill wrote,

Originally Posted by J-Mill

"you would be taking 3-4 antibiotics to try and treat Rosacea, even if you imporved you wouldn't be able to say what it was from...plus could you imagine the side effects fromt aking 3-4 antibiotics at once!!)"

I dont see what tuberculosis has to do in this thread regarding treating rosacea with rifaxmin. It seems at best manipulative or just plain old-fashioned stupid.

I dont know what (underdeveloped?) country you live in J-Mill but here we have not detected tuberculosis bacteria for the last 30 years except in former eastern-europe immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Mill View Post
    No the confusing part is you have not read my post. Read it again. Steve posted the relevant portions and you are still missing it.

My point is that RIFAXIMIN is the only antibiotic that does not carry the concern of producing resistant strains of tuberculosis and does NOT have to be taken with other antibiotics.

It is the other Rifamycin based drugs (look at my post closely) that carries this risk when used as monotherapy.

As for people not carrying around tuberculosis bacteria you are wrong, just because you do not exhibit symptomology doesn't mean you are not a carrier. It is very common and there are a plethora of circumstances under which you can pick it up.

So to conclude Rifaximin safe, other rifamycin based antibiotics not so much as monotheraphy.

I would not be surprised if JMILL was a doctor, think of how many consultation hours they no-longer could bill if rosacea could be treated effectively, it would be a huge financial loss for the cosmetic industry and the doctors. It is often a sign that you are on the "right track" towards solving a problem when the parties that benefit from the existence of the problem become resistant, manipulative and obstructive. Even if they dont notice it themselves! Of course a doctor could never say publicly that his primary concern is not helping his patient recover but on the contrary making money on the expense of the health and resources of the patient.

Why would you spin the topic in a new direction about people with tuberculosis and rosacea trying to treat their rosacea with other rifamycin drugs than the one that is being referred to in the topic? And by doing so requiring additional multiple antibiotics.

It is so far-fetched, and it gives the impression to new readers that what you are saying is that trying to treat rosacea with rifaxmin is potientially dangerous and might require 3 or 4 additional antibiotics. JMILL is manipulating the topic in a direction that resists the idea of trying rifaxmin in the treatment of rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Mill View Post

pca

I don't think that J-Mills aim was to divert the thread at all, he was just making a comment.

As an aside TB has seen a resurgence in many developed countries.

Maybe it was not his aim but the effect was certainly very real nevertheless. People who act that way (JMILL) is often not trustworthy and it is wise to regard what they write in future threads with suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29 View Post
    pca

I don't think that J-Mills aim was to divert the thread at all, he was just making a comment.

As an aside TB has seen a resurgence in many developed countries.

Why would you spin the topic in a new direction about people with tuberculosis and rosacea trying to treat their rosacea with other rifamycin drugs than the one that is being referred to in the topic? And by doing so requiring additional multiple antibiotics.

It is so far-fetched, and it gives the impression to new readers that what you are saying is that trying to treat rosacea with rifaxmin is potientially dangerous and might require 3 or 4 additional antibiotics. JMILL is manipulating the topic in a direction that resists the idea of trying rifaxmin in the treatment of rosacea.

I must be missing something here. Your are mis-reading my initial post and, Steve's post, Boyandhisdog's post and my second post that clarifies that on the issue of Rifaximin you and I are in agreement. That or you are ignoring this for some unknown reason. Is there a language barrier issue here?

In what appears to be some fit of indignity you have posted 3 consecutive rants calling into question my character while continuing to misquote me. I don't mind people mindlessly throwing aspersions my way, but if you are going to quote half of what I said which has the result of totally distorting what I actually said I will respond with facts. Here is what you claim I said:

""you would be taking 3-4 antibiotics to try and treat Rosacea, even if you imporved you wouldn't be able to say what it was from...plus could you imagine the side effects fromt aking 3-4 antibiotics at once!!)"

This "quote" is actually part of a sentence which when read together reads:

"Plus as I posted previously a 2 week trial of Rifaximin carries little risk while the other rifamycin based drugs are infamous in producing resistant tuberculosis bacteria when taken as monotherapy (they are normally prescribed in conjunction with 2 or 3 other antibiotics to be taken together to treat tuberculosis to avoid this, but now you would be taking 3-4 antibiotics to try and treat Rosacea, even if you imporved you wouldn't be able to say what it was from...plus could you imagine the side effects fromt aking 3-4 antibiotics at once!!)"

Given what appears to be a prior problem recognizing where your misunderstanding lies, I have bold faced, underlined and coloured the two parts (in different colours) to what I actually said. NOTE: I said Rifaximin carries little risk. IT IS THE OTHER rifamycin based drugs that do.

As for you ridiculous position that Denamrk has not seen Tuberculosis in the last 30 years, I respond with this:

http://health.rutgers.edu/Immunizations/TB.htm#TB_Back

Note what is says about 1/3rd of the world population carrying TB:

"Even though 1/3 of the world's population is infected with the bacterium that causes TB, nowhere near that number of people actually have TB. The rest have a condition known as Latent TB Infection (LTBI). This is a situation where the body's immune system is constantly fighting the bacterium and keeping it in check. A small number of bacterium survive in the body, but are not able to reproduce and cause the disease."

I did a quick google search by the way about your home country of Denmark (which I love by the way regardless of our misunderstanding here):

http://www.eurosurveillance.org/View...ArticleId=1816

The above article states that (as of the year 2000) several hundred people are diagnosed every year in Denmark with TB. As opposed to old decrepit euro-immigrants it is soldiers, school children and prisoners (and people who work in these places) that are the most prone (people forced by circumstances to spend large amounts of time confined around a large number of people). This of course only accounts for those that are symptomatic, as I previously stated and noted many people carry the bacteria but are not symptomatic.

Oh and by the way, you may be interested to know this: http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...286-635257_ITM

This tells you that Denmark was on a list as one of the world leaders in antibacterial resistant tuberculosis strains (same year 2000). Weird given that your country has not seen tuberculosis in 30 years...

Finally, how about that third world hell hole of a country called the United States of America: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5611a2.htm

Edit: To my American neighbours to the sotuh, I am just editorializing to make a point, I love your country (even more as of yesterday).

Seems tuberculosis is still very much around and a concern. Are your chances of becoming symptomatic great? No. Are your chances increased substantially if you are just a carrier (like 1/3rd of the world population) and you take drugs that breed resistant strains...of course.

Now be a man and apologize for mis-reading my initial post and then freaking out when many, many people tried to point out your mistake, or at least respond with facts and not personal slights.

I am not a doctor btw, I am a crown lawyer who prosecutes criminals for a living. Anyone who wants to come watch can pm me and come watch me not being a doctor (sheesh).

Default Finally

Maybe it was not his aim but the effect was certainly very real nevertheless. People who act that way (JMILL) is often not trustworthy and it is wise to regard what they write in future threads with suspicion.
    The only thing under suspicion here is your ability to read the english language, which may in fact be the problem here, I don't know. If you read english perfectly then I am at a loss to understand what you are talking about.

I invite everyone to go back and read my initial post in this thread, it is post #89 and let me know if you come away with the impression (like pca_ has) that I was making the claim that RIFAXIMIN carries a concern for breeding resistant tuberculosis strains or whether I in fact was claiming that other RIFAMYCIN based anitbiotics (like RIFAMPIN) carried this concern.

By the way here is the wiki article on Rifampin (also called Rifampicin) confirming everything I have stated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifampicin

And just so we are totally clear here: RIFAMPIN IS NOT RIFAXIMIN.

And just to be totally, totally, totally clear, so far as I know RIFAXIMIN

In conclusion, nobody has been negatively effected by what I wrote except you and your failure to understand what I am saying.

What am I missing here?

PCA your post is rude and J-Mill is a very trustworthy and knowledgeable member here and a valuable part of the community.

I am sure it is all a misunderstanding and I am going to have to ask you to please behave in a considerate and polite way to everyone here as you would like them to behave towards you. J-Mill is a lovely person as I am sure you are and let's not let this blow up any further. I am sure we don't need to be putting any more energy into this discussion.

Melissa