Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional impact of V-Beam: just how difficult is it?

Dr Chan doesnt have any of those new VBeam series, I dont remember the names but one is Perfecta. She uses an older model, if my memory serves me well ,its 2001.
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Dr Chan doesnt have any of those new VBeam series, I dont remember the names but one is Perfecta. She uses an older model, if my memory serves me well ,its 2001.
    I am pretty sure it is the newer perfecta model.After my 3rd treatment we both agreed to bump it up.She said it was the max setting on the 4th and 5th treatment.I am not sure if you can boost up the power in the newer one to achieve bruising.

If it's the same one I was treated with about 18 months ago, it is capable of bruising. Didn't ask for it, but I did get some bruising along the side of my nose which went away within a few days. My nose never reacted as well with the Vbeam for some reason though it really helped the rest of my face.

Hi guys,

Mick,
    Do you remember how many joules you can use in the newer Perfecta model? My laser derm has the newer Perfecta VBeam and I want to know if it's worth me going back to her. I know she's been doing 8 joules on me so far. Do you have any idea? Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I am going for my first bruising vbeam treatment on Feb 11. I have had 4 less aggressive vbeam treatments with little success. During these treatments the DR only bruised the sides of my nose. That area cleared 90%. My cheeks and ears were treated without bruising and I had less success. My new Dr feels that bruising (purpura) leads to complete resolution of defective vasculature and that it inhibits the redness from reforming. Based on the experience with my nose area I am inclined to give it a go. I'll keep you posted.

John

Thanks John.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by melissawohl
    Hi guys,

Mick,
    Do you remember how many joules you can use in the newer Perfecta model? My laser derm has the newer Perfecta VBeam and I want to know if it's worth me going back to her. I know she's been doing 8 joules on me so far. Do you have any idea? Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Melissa
    She did tell me but i can't remember for sure.She said since it was my 4th treatment we should bump it up to the max which was either 8 or 10.I know it was a 2 joule increase and i am glad she did.There was little more swelling then before but not drastic.

Thanks for your reply Mick.

I asked Larry from the rosacea support group and he said the Perfecta is capable of bruising but to expect at least 3-4 weeks of downtime.

10 joules does sound like a lot and I'm glad it has worked for you. I will see what my derm thinks about upping the power for me.

Best wishes,
    Melissa

I am 100% sure that Baywood Clinic doesnt have platinium or perfecta. i asked them and they said it was 2001 model...

I am going back to my VBeam treatments at Baywood. Not sure if i should get purpuric though... and there s no definite answer
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

I know Francois. There really is no clear cut right or wrong. Treating rosacea is truly an art as much as a science. The experience of the doctor is what is key I think. More than the type or brand of laser.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,
    Melissa