Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheap RLT

Yes, good luck. Be patient.

I'll be as patient as I am able. I gave myself perhaps 20min last evening, and then again upon waking, within just a few inches away each time.

I realize I'm not easing into this, but my rationale is that I'd like to see any response at all. If I see a temporary worsening, as some have reported, then at least I know it's doing anything at all, and can back off. With luck, that won't happen, and I'll see slow improvement.

If this thing throws any heat at all, it's very subtle. I can't honestly discern whether I'm really feeling it or not. I guess that means it's not significant.

Also, I can honestly say that within the first few minutes of switching it off, I can't see any red - ANYWHERE! I see what people mean. Everything looks green as my eyes readjust to white light. Interesting effect.
    "Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."
    - William Blake

This user has been banned from this forum

It's best to do a split face test to spot a difference, if any. Doing the whole face, and the fact the effect is 'subtle' (if any at all) leads you to the lands of wishful thinking if you do the whole face.

Noted.
    "Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."
    - William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by orangehorizon
    Doing the whole face, and the fact the effect is 'subtle' (if any at all) leads you to the lands of wishful thinking if you do the whole face.
    It's all in our minds. Don'tcha know...

It's best to either do it, or don't. I mean you want to give something a chance to work you give it a wholehearted try, right? Especially something that can take 8-10 weeks to realize.

Happiness is a choice.

I'm all for the gung-ho, but in this instance, half a face may be best, since it's not as if I'm doing this in isolation. I'm trying plenty of other things as well. I'm kind of kitchen-sinking it at the moment, and intend to drop the things that have no effect. Not very scientific of me, huh?

See, unlike many here, I've only begun to think seriously about this very recently, despite having a derm warn me about it years ago. Of course, this guy put me on steroids as a treatment, so I'm not sure how far to trust even his diagnosis...

Anyway, at this point, think of me as a bit of a spastic puppy. Once I settle down (or rather, once my face does) I'll be more rigorous.

In the meantime, I'm not sure whether I'll do half a face or not. I'm sure you can all identify with just wanting something to work.
    - William Blake

I get what you mean. Love the spastic puppy visual, thanks for that.

Happiness is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallo
    I'm kind of kitchen-sinking it at the moment, and intend to drop the things that have no effect. Not very scientific of me, huh?
    That's how I do it too. I'm not nearly patient enough to try one thing at a time.

It's not scientific, but there's a certain logic to it. Get results ASAP, and then experiment.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

But I don't see how you're able accurately to distinguish the effects of a particular treatment...

Even if its only something as minor as a vitamin supplement, I try to give any new addition at least a week. Every time I've broken this rule I've regretted it.

Well, that's kind of what I do. Read, read, read, read, read, discover something that I think sounds reasonable, implement it, read, read, read, etc... It's not as if I can throw everything at my face all at once. There's considerable lag between the things I add in. Of course, anything that takes up to 8 weeks to kick in would likely overlap with something quicker, so it's still a flawed strategy.

Thing is, when it's my face, I'm not inclined to do things at the relaxed, methodical pace that good science demands. I'm aware that this way of going about things will ultimately take me more time to get to the goal state, but in the meantime, any improvement is welcome.

Just since the end of December, for example, I've already managed to get myself to a point where I can do half an hour of cardio without wanting to scratch my face off. That's reward enough for now. Maybe someday I'll find my magic bullet.
    - William Blake