Thread: Flushing and rlt

Default Flushing and rlt

Just wondering why rlt seems to induce flushing in some users.Having done some more research it seems that rlt releases histamine.
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/499713_3
    Perhaps users who experience increased flushing are also oversensitive to histamine or tend to have allergies. Could anyone comment?
    Would taking an antihistamine before treatment stop the reaction???
    Maybe this would allow users to gain the benefits of rlt without increasing flushing.

Initial flushing is common, and expected. It has been commented on often. It passes.

Interesting find, Caran. On initial use I flushed some, but am not oversensitive (unless folk tease me about my feminine hands).

No harm in those unlucky campers who have not had success with RLT trying again while popping anti-histamines (perhaps for a spell, before the anti-inflammatory action properly kicks-in and any histamine induced problems are rendered nugatory by broader improvements).

Histamine makes vasodialation in the body. Seven years ago when I started having rosacea symptoms it happened the same time I got hives, from head to toe. Rosacea symptoms went away and seven years later I got hives again and rosacea symptoms came back and has not left now..I have alot of allergies. If I work out on a treadmill coming in from the cold weather then I will break out with hives all over my lower body, welts...jenn

I never had any initial flushing with RLT. It only helped starting day 1.