Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tried everything, but garlic worked!

Hi

I would suggest you introduce yourself in a new thread in the newbie section. I am not so sure you will get many replies in this thread. I am also not sure about the tablets you are referring to.

Default Bump!

Just wanted to bump up this thread, as I'm interested to know how people who've been using this are faring....

The reason I'm so interested, is because I've noticed tha my rosacea is a LOT worse than it used to be... I assumed it was because I'm gettin older, and that that's normal, but now I realise that when I had it very mild, my mum forced me to have a clove of garlic every morning (she didn't know I had rosacea, and assumed it be a ''natural blush'' which sometimes broke out into reddish spots - but she was a natural health fanatic). I used to cut it into 2, and swallow it quickly like pills. My breath did stink when I belched, but I had an understanding boyfriend (now my fiance!)

Would love to know other people's experiences, as I don't really mind the red ''glow''; having a tanned skin colour (I'm half Indian), it looks like I'm wearing blush! What I DO mind is the red dots which look different on each cheek... grrrr

I had a similiar experience with garlic, I swallow fresh garlic three times daily and it helps alot.

pca....what has the garlic done for your rosacea symptoms specifically? reduce redness? flushing? burning? breakouts? skin texture improvements? It would help for anyone to know.....I have thought about trying this also but I admit I am abit afraid of garlic burning in my throat and stomach for days causing adverse reactions!

also, how do you take yours???
    Dx 1998

If you chop it up nicely and swallow it with a glass of water, getting it down is over with quick. But you have
    to get used to doing it everyday. The bigger pieces you can swallow the better. In my experience it helps with all symptoms.

There is also another herb I would recommend, called Damiana. It helps to maintain a healthy digestion and with getting regular bowel movements (everyday).

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout View Post
    pca....what has the garlic done for your rosacea symptoms specifically? reduce redness? flushing? burning? breakouts? skin texture improvements? It would help for anyone to know.....I have thought about trying this also but I admit I am abit afraid of garlic burning in my throat and stomach for days causing adverse reactions!

also, how do you take yours???

Yep Garlic works for me as well, have been experimenting with them together with other strong antifungals on an off for the last couple of weeks. It looks like garlic is the most effective at least for me (it could also be the combined effect, I don't know about that. The others I'm using together with garlic on and off is Manuka honey and Oil of oregano). The last couple of days I have been a lot better, but today I was a lot worse. My nose was red, and my right cheek. Just before reading this thread I ate two cloves of garlic raw (crushing them and let them rest for 15 min) and then chewing them for some time and swallowing. It's extremely harsh and I get a slight reaction due to the increased blood flow, but the reaction wears off in just seconds. Almost immediately my inflammation went down significantly (15 minutes to half an hour, have been checking the mirror constantly ;), I'm almost pale now yiha!! This has happened several times now, at first I didn't see the close relation to garlic but now it seems more obvious. I will continue to try this out...

I'm certain it's somehow related to yeast in my case.

I just ate like half of a large garlic crove and felt immediate burning sensation in my stomach. Now the skin of my stomach is all red! LOL. I'm not sure if garlic's for me.

^ IMO, garlic won't help that way and your breath, not to mention your entire body will stink if you eat loads of garlic like that.

I believe garlic provides benefit to some people b/c of its antifungal properties. So you should use it as such. You can't just swallow a bunch and expect it to work, its not that easy. You have to use an array of antifungals at different intervals so your body can't adapt so you can continue to kill the fungus in your body.

There are numerous pages on the net describing how to kill fungus. Here's one http://www.bioactivenutrients.com/FungusFree.html

Hi Johnny,

I have several of the anti-fungals from Bioactive Nutrients. The site is very informative too - I'm glad you provided the link.

Regards,

Yvette

Can you buy garlic tablets at the store? or is it prescription?