Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Treatment Reports from Rosacea Treatment Institute of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz View Post
    Duplicate posts removed from above, as already in another thread.

I would like to re-vamp the request for treatment info in the following format, so that everyone reading has a good understanding:

Phone Consultation with Dr. Nase

COST: 3700.00
    INSURANCE: Did not submit. Was told by Anne that most insurances do not pay. Did not ask Dr. Nase about insurance.
    TREATMENT: 9 total 6 with YAG Sciton and 3 with YAG Blue Light for acne pustules
    PERFORMED BY: Renee
    RECOMMENDATION: The staff is very kind and gentle. The whole problem is with what I was told my results would be by Dr. Nase. Told my facial redness would be reduced by at least 80% (light pink at the most), that in a lot of cases flushing is totally eliminated, that this could very well put my rosacea into remission, that this is the only laser in the country that is specifically made for rosacea and that no other lasers can go as deep to correct the problems.
    RESULT: For the first month I was breaking out badly, but that has stopped. My face is still red, there are still broken capillaries on my cheeks and I still flush. There was a slight improvement, however, I could have gotten that with a local laser treatment center.
    OBSERVATION: My face was very swollen and beat up during the week of treatment, so I have no idea how they think they can monitor results. Again, the staff were wonderful, but the problem centers around their connection with Dr. Nase and the fact that his consultation led me to believe what they could not possible deliver and he was the reason I went all the way to Texas and spent a total of $5100 on flights, hotels, and laser treatments that did little good.

I have edited the above post to add this in.

Please (again, please!) keep this thread to just the simple facts about your personal dealings with the RTIT.

Thanks

Jen

Hello Judy

Nase is a compulsive liar, a fraud and a conman. As I told you before he has conned you out of a lot of money and no doubt many others before and after you. This is how he earns a living and unless people are prepared to lodge complaints against his fraudulent activities then he will continue to rob people like yourself. I'm sure the staff at the clinic were very kind but believe me they and Nielson knew all about Nase.

There is a good chance you could get compensation for what has happened to you and possibly your money refunded but it is entirely up to you.

Good luck

Peter

Default Thanks for the heads up

Wow, I had fallen for his website hook, line and sinker. I found this thread because I was trying to locate Dr. Nase in Indianapolis. I was going to travel there from Cleveland to get treatment. I guess I will skip it. Thanks for posting, everyone. Its a shame there is a scam artist for every medical problem you can suffer.

Remember how last year someone spotted this link to Nielson's new web site for the purpose-built whole new medical centre just for rosacea? Who could forget the special flushing wing?

http://www.aestheticmultilaser.com/

The most significant thing was that even then, with Nase still "an intricate part of the RTIT", it was called "Aesthetic Multi Laser Center", with no sign of rosacea treatments.

I just took a look at it tonight and they're talking about the Grand Opening of the new building. Main treatments seem to be Laser Hair Removal from different parts of the body. Then lasers for "Age Spots, Micro Laser Peel, Skin Tightening, Acne Treatments, Vein Treatment, Photo Rejuvenation". However, I've only clicked on a few of the links.

Interesting that if you look at the address, the clinic is STILL suite-sized.

Aesthetic Multi Laser Center.
    1202 E Sonterra Blvd Suite 101
    San Antonio Texas
    210-581-5583 Phone

Quote Originally Posted by SirLuck View Post
    Wow, I had fallen for his website hook, line and sinker. I found this thread because I was trying to locate Dr. Nase in Indianapolis. I was going to travel there from Cleveland to get treatment. I guess I will skip it. Thanks for posting, everyone.

Hello SirLuck

No problem and glad we have been of use and prevented you from being ripped off and your skin possibly being made far worse. Unfortunately not everybody has been aware of the con and as you probably have read there are people who took his advice and are now suffering from severe burning etc and desperately trying to find a way to resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLuck View Post
    Its a shame there is a scam artist for every medical problem you can suffer.
    Yes it is and it just means you have to be extra careful and vigilant. Beware of anybody who promises a miracle treatment for rosacea or claims that just don't stack up. Don't believe everything you read on the internet either and do your homework to identify the treatments that do seem to work for other rosacea sufferers. There are also plenty of good people out there and you will find they come with genuine recommendations from others who have been treated by them and can personally vouch for their expertise.

Good luck SirLuck

Peter

Unhappy Help for Constant Flushing needed.

I fell for the "Institute" more than hook, line, and sinker. I just cancelled my trip to San Antonio and I am so thankful that I found this site before I consented to something horrible that would have made my rosacea worse. Jeez, I have had oddles of treatments and nothing seems to help with my flushing. That s&*t promised me a full "cure" so to speak and now I am right back where I was before I found that blasted book and website of his. I live in Las Vegas, NV but I have no problem traveling to get treatment if it has been proven to work in other flushers (no acne of any sort). Does anyone have any Dr. recommendations pease? Thank you

Hello sjpeter1

Can you elaborate on this please? Tell us exactly what you were told and the costs involved?

Well you had a lucky escape and others were not so fortunate I'm afraid plus there could still be other people booked to go to Texas based on what Nase promised them.

Nase appears to be no longer working or consulting for Nielson and was most probably kicked out or decided to run before the truth came out. The last update on his site suggested that he was starting up his own clinic in Indiana and working with two dermatologists but I think that's just his usual lies. Anyone with any sense wouldn't touch him with a barge pole and he is most probably just trying to find a job somewhere. The thought of him ever being in a position to physically treat a member of the public with a laser or any treatment horrifies me and lets hope that will never happen. Certainly if it was down to me I would have his web site shut down permanently and if anybody wants to complain about him here is that link again.

http://atgindsha01.atg.in.gov/cpd/co...complaint.html

As far as the flushing associated with rosacea goes, it can be managed successfully in many cases with drugs like Clonidine and certain laser treatments in experienced hands e.g. Dr Nick Soldo in Arizona http://www.arizonaveininstitute.com/. Have a chat with him about it or maybe do a search and see if there are any Dermatologists near you with a proven track record of treating rosacea. Don't rush into any treatment and there is a wealth of experience on here and the RSC http://rosacea-support.org/community/index.php if you have any specific questions.

Good luck

Peter

This user has been banned from this forum

removed attempt to advertise
    Last edited by phlika29; 23rd July 2010 at 07:31 AM.

The Institutes owner Dr David Nielson was also disciplined earlier this year for:

failing to keep adequate medical records
    failing to use proper diligence in his professional practice, and
    failing to adequately supervise the activities of those acting under his supervision.

Here is the link:

http://rosacea-support.org/nielson-d...entations.html