Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Apple cider vinegar???

I've also read that low stomach acid could result in a Vitamin B12 Deficiency which could leave you feeling sluggish...

Just something to think about!
    Andrea

Yeah, that's exactly why you should supplement on vit B as well when you have low stomach acid.

just wondering if you guys were/are using raw acv or cooked acv. not all stores sell it raw.

it's been years since i've drank it, but sometimes i put the raw acv on salads mixed with other stuff. it's much more healthy to use it raw.
    Eat up your spinach, it'll put color in your cheeks.
    But I don't want green cheeks!

I've been using ACVM on my dermatitis for the past week. It cleared my forehead up completely (for a few days at least!) and really takes away the itching. I still have redness, but it helps dry up weeping skin and makes my skin feel really smooth. I forget that it's really red until I look in the mirror b/c it feels really good. I think the redness is the last part to fade.

It makes my face really red for about a 1/2 hour after using, but then it starts to fade. I do it at night and wake up looking pretty pale.

I tried to take it orally, but I think it made me flush. I only tried it twice and decided to just stick to putting it on topically for now.

It's interesting stuff!

I have also been using it recently...it made me realize how much seb derm i have. It does work but i wonder if, after 2 1/2 weeks of usage, i have hit a plateau as i can't seem to get rid of it completely. Overall, it has helped my redness a bit but one must be very careful not to get it on the rosacea parts, at least for people prone to P&Ps, as it made mine flare up...perhaps i need to keep using it longer to get rid of the seb derm. For people with serious/resistant seb derm, it takes a lot of perseverance to get rid of those buggers. The yeast definitively puts up a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I have also been using it recently...it made me realize how much seb derm i have. It does work but i wonder if, after 2 1/2 weeks of usage, i have hit a plateau as i can't seem to get rid of it completely. Overall, it has helped my redness a bit but one must be very careful not to get it on the rosacea parts, at least for people prone to P&Ps, as it made mine flare up...perhaps i need to keep using it longer to get rid of the seb derm. For people with serious/resistant seb derm, it takes a lot of perseverance to get rid of those buggers. The yeast definitively puts up a fight!
    I don't know if I have seb derm or not. After three biopsies on my face and two derms, you'd think one would be able to tell me if it is or not!

For me, the first week I used the ACVM I cleared my forehead completely. It started to come back over the weekend and it's not back as badly, but it has come back some. Using the ACVM definitely keeps the itchiness under control, even if it doesn't keep me completely clear. I'm thinking it is just another layer of fungus or mites, or whatever I have going on. Mine seems to be moving around my face, too, and my neck and ears have become itchy, so I think (totally guessing) that the little buggers are moving around, trying to find a safe place! Maybe I'm crazy, but that's what I think, at least!

I'm going to keep it up for a while. If nothing else, it helps the itching and inflammation. I'm hoping that it will continue to work and eventually kill off whatever is creating the problem and then I can go for maintenance. Not sure how long that will take. I'm guessing longer than a week and a half, though!

I can't drink it, though. I tried twice and the second time I flushed when I started eating, which is not normal at all for me.

Default HCL supplements

Multiple types of Rosacea exist so the following may not help some people. If you have undigested food showing up in the toilet you may have low stomach acid. Low stomach acid can actually give the same symptoms as too much stomach acid. I read somewhere on this forum about someone claiming to have cured their Rosacea with HCL supplements. Well I must say that the effect I experienced was something short of phenomenal. Within two weeks my food was digested properly and started going twice a day instead of once a day. My skin began to lighten, even capillaries got lighter in tone. My Rosacea came hand in hand with the onset of Gastrointestinal problems. I presented first with occular and followed rapidly with my nose. Hence the logon name I chose. I wouldn't have posted but I had to weigh-in. I know how much this dreaded disease affected my job performance. If you have Roasacea and stomach problems you should definitely read up on "low stomach acid". If you fit the bill give some HCL a try. You might be one of the Rosaceans who respond to this type of treatement.

Full Regime
    Lavender oil nightly on affected area
    Bettaine HCL with every meal
    Pepsin Enzymes once a day
    LED Red and Blue (Just started that today)
    Vitamins:
    A
    B Complex
    E
    Bee Pollen
    C
    Ground Flax Seed Daily
    Raw Aloe Vera Daily

Out of all the stuff listed, I saw almost immediate improvement with Bettaine HCL and Pepsin enzymes. I realize this is anecdotal, but the changes were startling enough to post about.

I will post later once I have been on the HCL supplements longer.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
    Multiple types of Rosacea exist so the following may not help some people. If you have undigested food showing up in the toilet you may have low stomach acid. Low stomach acid can actually give the same symptoms as too much stomach acid. I read somewhere on this forum about someone claiming to have cured their Rosacea with HCL supplements. Well I must say that the effect I experienced was something short of phenomenal. Within two weeks my food was digested properly and started going twice a day instead of once a day. My skin began to lighten, even capillaries got lighter in tone. My Rosacea came hand in hand with the onset of Gastrointestinal problems. I presented first with occular and followed rapidly with my nose. Hence the logon name I chose. I wouldn't have posted but I had to weigh-in. I know how much this dreaded disease affected my job performance. If you have Roasacea and stomach problems you should definitely read up on "low stomach acid". If you fit the bill give some HCL a try. You might be one of the Rosaceans who respond to this type of treatement.

Full Regime
    Lavender oil nightly on affected area
    Bettaine HCL with every meal
    Pepsin Enzymes once a day
    LED Red and Blue (Just started that today)
    Vitamins:
    A
    B Complex
    E
    Bee Pollen
    C
    Ground Flax Seed Daily
    Raw Aloe Vera Daily

Out of all the stuff listed, I saw almost immediate improvement with Bettaine HCL and Pepsin enzymes. I realize this is anecdotal, but the changes were startling enough to post about.

I will post later once I have been on the HCL supplements longer.

R
    Hi R,
    Thanks for the info. I have a couple of questions .
    Do you think it is OK to take a supplement of HCL that has Pepsin included, or is it better to take them seperately ?
    Did you do "self diagnosis " or did you see a nutritionalist.
    How long do you intend to take the supplements ?
    Is it Ok to take other supplements, I currently take milk thistle and olive leaf extract plus a probiotic capsule ( all one a day )

I suffer almost every night from "heartburn" and have to take a couple of antacid just to get back to sleep, sometimes it seems that the acid is almost reaching upto my throat and i have to sit up quickly so as not to make it come through my mouth.

After your post I did a search on low stomach acid and found that I have a lot of the symptoms they mention, heartburn, red nose and cheeks, frequent headaches, stool problems, bloating.

Sorry for so many questions but this could be the answer for me .

Kind regards,
    MD

what is HCL?
    Eat up your spinach, it'll put color in your cheeks.
    But I don't want green cheeks!

Hi nwc,
    HCL is hydrochloric acid and there are lots of threads discussing it.
    Here is some info about it
    http://www.allaboutrosacea.com/acne_rosacea_cause.html

And here are some of the threads discussing it.
    http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...rochloric+acid

Best wishes,
    Melissa