Thread: Red LED Spotlights for Therapy?

Default Red LED Spotlights for Therapy?

Hello! New Member here. I use metrocreme and some herbal remedies, but am considering trying Red LED Therapy.

Has anyone here tried using a 630nm or 660nm led spotlight for this? They consist of a round cluster of many red leds, can be purchased for $75 - $120, and fit in a regular lamp socket. I don't see why it wouldn't work, and is a lot cheaper.

Deb

Hi Deb,

Because the wavelength is what matters the application can be creative. I have large and small "spot lights" as well -- mostly for interests sake. The consideration I would have is due to the lense cover. I would put a lamp shade of sorts around the head to direct the light and then I would extend the session length by twice.

Best wishes,
    Corinna

Default How to use the LED therapy :?:

I ordered a box with 126 red LED, 660 nm, which should arrive some time this week. Most of what I've read on this therapy says to place the box right up against the skin, but I read where someone was advising to put it a few inches away for rosacea.

Moving it back a few inches it would cover more area, but wouldn't I have to use it longer?

How do most of you use it?

Deb

Hi Deb,

I would start slowly and a bit further at first and then gradually decrease your distance and increase your time.

I use a combination mainly infrared and red LED for 9 min a day and I usually stay about 2-4 inches away.

Best of luck!

Melissa

Thanks Melissa. Jenn said it might be best to start at 5 min and 8" away, then gradually work it up to 9 or 10 min at 4-5 " away. Makes sense to me, since I have no idea how it's going to affect me. Good, I hope.

These boxes are also used to treat pain,and I think those are the people using them directly on the skin. I'll be trying it for that as well on my neck, shoulders and whatever else hurts. (LOL)

It just came in the mail today, haven't even opened it. I need to go out this afternoon, so want to wait until I'm home for good in case it makes me flush!

Will report my results tomorrow!

Deb