Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to find a very skilled Dr. in Washington Dc for Ipl.

Default I need to find a very skilled Dr. in Washington Dc for Ipl.

Hi,

I need help in finding a very skilled Dr in Washington Dc for IPl treatment. I would also like to know the cost per tratment as well.

Thanks,

Ava

Hi Ava,
    Welcome to the Forum.
    I've moved your thread to the regions section to increase your possibility of a reply.
    I'm sorry I don't know of a laser doctor in the D.C. area but hopefully someone on this board will.

Best of luck!
    Melissa

PS If you feel like it why don't you post an intro in the newbie section as well. Perhaps someone will be able to offer some helpful info.

Default Doctors in DC

Tina Alster is extremely well known throughout the world. She is at skinlaser.com

Sunila Walia, MD is also well known and is at George Washington University Hospital. She trained with Dr. Alster as well.

Good luck!

You might want to check out Dr. Robert Adrian's practice at http://www.lasersurgery.com/index.htm.

I had 7 IPL treatments there. Nurse technicians are professional. The treatments improved my redness and completely eliminated the P&P breakout cycle. Unfortunately, my flushing never abated. I only had one pass per treatment. You might want to ask about the latest machinery and treatment protocols.

Good luck.
    "Losing All Hope is Freedom" Tyler Durden.

Dr. Adrian passed away a few months ago, he had other physicians practicing at his office though and those doctors are still there. As Dr. Adrian was well respected in his field, I'm sure that any doctors he would have on his staff are well respected providers. There is also Dr. Roberta Palestine's office in Bethesda that office is called Dermatology & Clinical Skin Care Center.

Wow, that is sad news about Dr. Adrian.
    "Losing All Hope is Freedom" Tyler Durden.

I've seen Dr Eliot at the Center for Laser Surgery (Dr Adrian's practice). She's a great dermatologist. She doesn't perform the laser treatments, but the technicians that do are very knowledgeable and professional.

I am searching for a good clinic for the IPL in Washington DC area as well. Where did you have your IPL done?

So far I have not found a place with expertise like Dr. Adrian and meanwhile keep a reasonable price. The Maryland Vein Institute(Dr. Weiss practice) is good but a little pricey - IPL could cost anywhere from 250 to 600 dollars for a treatment. Lasersurgery (Dr. Adrian's practice) charges 300-350 dollars but I prefer to have a derm on site. There are other IPL places but you have to trust them before you hand over your face to them. Referral?!

Many thanks!

Crystal

Thumbs up Center For Laser Surgery

The Center for Laser Surgery is a very trustworthy place to have IPL performed. There is a derm on site always, Dr. Elliott, and she oversees all the medical operations. The current medical staff are very talented and professional and you would be at a dead end trying to find a better place to have any cosmetic work done in the DC area. In my opinion 300-350 is reasonable for the place that helped develop the IPL procedure and being one of the first to perform it in the nation years ago. I have had IPL treatments and am very pleased with the excellent service the Center for Laser Surgery has provided me.

Quote Originally Posted by DcAvalon55 View Post
    The Center for Laser Surgery is a very trustworthy place to have IPL performed. There is a derm on site always, Dr. Elliott, and she oversees all the medical operations. The current medical staff are very talented and professional and you would be at a dead end trying to find a better place to have any cosmetic work done in the DC area. In my opinion 300-350 is reasonable for the place that helped develop the IPL procedure and being one of the first to perform it in the nation years ago. I have had IPL treatments and am very pleased with the excellent service the Center for Laser Surgery has provided me.
    Do they have any experience with rosacea though? I would NOT go to a cosmetic place that does not have any prior experience with rosacea patients. We all know that treating our symptoms is not a cosmetic problem.

I see that this is your first post here... Welcome to the Forum.
    Do you have rosacea also? If so, what are your symptoms and what IPL treatments have you had? Thanks

Best wishes,
    Melissa