Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub-pupuric laser treatement and facial veins...Any success?

Default Sub-pupuric laser treatement and facial veins...Any success?

I realized I posted this in the general category and it should be here. So I am reposting.

I have been treating my Rosacea and now want to treat my facial veins "underneath" the rosacea.

I was recently informed by phlika29 (user on this post) of sub-pupuric lasers. Although I've had Vbeam treatment before, this term was new to me. The dermatologist I went to had a "no-holds barred" attitude apparently, and Vbeamed my face until it looked like I had lost a fight with a squirrel. The good news was that all of my telangiectasias was gone after the bruises cleared up 21 days later. I now know that is called "pupuric" laser treatment. This kind of laser treatment often times only needs one pass. However I no longer have the luxury of a 21-day recovery period and so that is not an option for me anymore.

I am VERY interested now to learn about "sub-pupuric" lasers, or wavelengths of lasers. The science I do not understand. What I am curious about though is whether repeated sessions would clear up the stubborn little veins that are all over my nose and especially where my nose meets my face.

So the question is: has anyone out there had any success or failure with a NON brusing laser treatment for facial veins?

Have I missed this post elsewhere?

Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated. I don't want to drop a ton of money and time if it is going to be a waste. Thanks to all.

I'm now envisioning a squirrel with tiny boxing gloves. Ow!

I have had some success with YaG lasers for a few small veins on my nose, chin and cheeks. The ones where my nose meet my face have been most stubborn. There may be deep "feeder" veins in that area that keep replenishing the visible vein near the surface. I saw a couple of these return after just 4 weeks, but I expect that my next visit (in December) should knock those down again. My chin still looks good.

The procedure was practically painless, although the nose junction was the most sensitive and some topical aneasthetic cream there might be a good idea. There was NO downtime. I was a little red in my zapped spots, but could see that the veins were gone immediately. A little sunscreen and I walked out the door with a pretty normal face.

That said, I'm tempted by VBeam because it may do well for diffuse redness as well as veins, and probably doesn't cause seb derm flares. And VBeam can be administered at sub-purpuric levels, although it seems as if redness and swelling will cause 2-3 days of downtime. Still, it beats 21 days (or 3 rounds with a squirrel!).

Hi bvr,
    I answered your question in this thread which I now locked as it's a duplicate thread.
    http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...708a3e5607c589

Best wishes,
    Melissa

bvr

The vbeam should work at sub purpuric levels as well. Could you not ask the same technican to just turn it down.

I have recently had the pulse dye laser (same type as the vbeam) at sub purpuric levels. A number of passes where done and I will let you know how I get on. Two days on my skin is only slightly red/pink.

Default Pulse dye laser

Hello phlika

Due to have txt with Dr Crouch on 5th Nov for IPL but was wondering would Dr Crouch do Ipl for my general redness and Pulse dye for my thread viens on the same area.

Had IPL with Dr Crouch about 2 years ago helped considerably with overall redness and thread veins, but thread viens reappeared after a few months.

Was wondering as i had one txt about 10 years ago with pulse dye and the treated area has since remained totally clear of veins. However was left with bruising for many weeks and white spots were the laser had punchede through. This did not clear up for possibly 2 years or more.

Cheers
    gerryc

Retired Moderator

For my part, I have had at least thre (maybe four) sub-purpuric V-beam treatments with no success on telangiectasia. They disappear for a few days, maximum a week, and then gradually reappear. They are the same vein, not just new ones in the same area.
    That said I have found that only the purpuric level of treatment works for me. I didn't have any luck with the Yag laser either, but found that for the difficult telangiectasia where the nose meets the cheek, the purpuric level treatment by V-beam worked pretty well there too.
    Best of luck.
    Rob

Gerryc

All I can advise is that you contact Dr C and ask if he will. I have had both combinations of pulse dye/IPL and pulse dye/Yag with Dr C but I have had both treatments separatly beforehand and so we know how my skin will react.

I specially asked for the pulse dye to be kept at sub purpuric levels as I dont want the downtime but I agree that the higher levels have the best effect. This time I had the Yag/pulse dye. He went over my cheeks a number of times with both the yag and the pulse dye and so hopefully the pd will address the surface redness abit. Will keep you updated.

Thank phlika i will contact Dr Crouch prior to my txt and see what he advises.
    gerryc

I had the vbeam at subpurpuric levels on my cheeks and purpuric levels on the sides of my nose. The sides of my nose cleared for 2 months after one treatment while my cheeks did not improve after 3 treatments.

John

Default Thank

Thanks to all for the great advice. This forum is invaluable.