Thread: I was reading

Default I was reading

I was just reading on the internet and came across a website that stated that people that have rosacea and only flush are usually the ones that get ocular rosacea, not the people with acne rosacea. I have ocular rosacea and flush pretty much everyday, no acne. Is there anyone with acne rosacea that has ocular? or is there people that just flush that do not have ocular? I just found this interesting, I also wonder if we have the same cause as rosacea then...Thanks..Jenn

Default Re: I was reading

Quote Originally Posted by jennfran
    I was just reading on the internet and came across a website that stated that people that have rosacea and only flush are usually the ones that get ocular rosacea, not the people with acne rosacea. I have ocular rosacea and flush pretty much everyday, no acne. Is there anyone with acne rosacea that has ocular? or is there people that just flush that do not have ocular? I just found this interesting, I also wonder if we have the same cause as rosacea then...Thanks..Jenn
    I feel your pain. I only flush and heres what i get :?

nasty cases of reoccuring blepharitis

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewtopic.php?t=12083

I get telangestasia, flushing, ocular rosacea and pustules.

But i'm just lucky i guess...

Aye up jennfran!
    There might be some truth in that one. ive "been with" now for 15 years and have only in the last month or so started getting it in me peepers.
    Its very mild and might only be because ive been caining the sun this year but, well who knows?-not i.

I have flushing and mild ocular rosacea. I have never gotten P&Ps. There might very well be something to your theory.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

In 1999, I was diagnosed with type 1 (erythema, some flushing, some telangiectasia ) with very occasional zits, which I think are adult acne more than acne rosacea. I may have had rosacea for much longer, maybe as early as 1986. So far -- knock wood! -- no sign of ocular rosacea. I've had occasional mild eye infections in one eye or the other, but that's related to my contact lenses.

So I'd prefer to think that the working hypothesis is that most? all? people with ocular rosacea started out as type 1, not that most? all? people with type 1 end up with ocular rosacea. :-)

Where did you get that reference, jennfran? Do you have a link?

Let me see if I saved it in my favorites. I usually do incase someone asks about it after I post. I have ocular rosacea and I am subtype 1, so was interested in this...I will see if I can find it..Jenn