Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar - SD

Default Apple Cider Vinegar - SD

I recommend anyone who has SD to try applying organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother) diluted in water (I find I only need 1 capful ACV, 3 capfuls of water to dab all over my face).

There's another mix on this forum that includes Head and Shoulders aswell as tea tree oil with the ACV, but I find ACV on it's own or with a couple drops of tea tree oil is the best.

I'm still experimenting. At first I left it on for a few minutes then washed it off and applied Aloe gel as a moisturiser. Tonight I applied the ACV and will leave it on overnight. I'm going to do it twice a day for a few days and see how it goes, without any other lotions/cleansers/creams. Just have a shower, wet face, then apply the ACV after and leave it on.

Note... it will probably make your skin redder at first and burn a little, but this only lasted 2-3 days for me until I got used to it. If it's burning really bad, dilute it further. DON'T APPLY ACV STRAIGHT WITHOUT DILUTING FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS. Eventually I might try it straight, but not yet.

I will probably cut back to once a day at night soon and just washing with water in the morning. Not sure if i'll continue with Aloe gel, but it's been good so I will see how I go without, but I expect to use it again.

Good luck

Updated routine:

Morning:
    Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
    Fruit of the Earth Aloe Gel

Night:
    ACV diluted in water, left on for 10-15 minutes and rinsed off
    Fruit of the Earth Aloe Gel

Just for information. Occasionally I'd use apple cider vinegar on my scalp if seb derm dandruff became bad. Well I ran out a while ago and instead found some White Wine Vinegar that I discovered in the kitchen cupboard, and I found it worked much better. I put in on my scalp neat and wash it off half an hour later with either ketoconazole or coal tar shampoo. Early days but appears very effective so far.

Default Apple Cider Vinegar - SD

Quote Originally Posted by ausboy View Post
    I recommend anyone who has SD to try applying organic Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother) diluted in water (I find I only need 1 capful ACV, 3 capfuls of water to dab all over my face).

There's another mix on this forum that includes Head and Shoulders aswell as tea tree oil with the ACV, but I find ACV on it's own or with a couple drops of tea tree oil is the best.

I'm still experimenting. At first I left it on for a few minutes then washed it off and applied Aloe gel as a moisturiser. Tonight I applied the ACV and will leave it on overnight. I'm going to do it twice a day for a few days and see how it goes, without any other lotions/cleansers/creams. Just have a shower, wet face, then apply the ACV after and leave it on.

Note... it will probably make your skin redder at first and burn a little, but this only lasted 2-3 days for me until I got used to it. If it's burning really bad, dilute it further. DON'T APPLY ACV STRAIGHT WITHOUT DILUTING FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS. Eventually I might try it straight, but not yet.

I will probably cut back to once a day at night soon and just washing with water in the morning. Not sure if i'll continue with Aloe gel, but it's been good so I will see how I go without, but I expect to use it again.

Good luck
    Hi AUSBOY

To me ACVwas a miraccle on my seb dermatitis , i take only topical for two years and if lef my skin with no scales and clean.

I took without mix whith water , 2 , 3 times per day , sometimes only two ou 3 days per week it was amazing.

Then in the past 3 monhts I take rosacea the dermato confirm what i feel in symptoms.

Do you think it was Apple cider vinegar ???? Do Y try to much ??? Sould y return to it.???

Thank you for listen , sorry my english

Apple cider vinegar is nice tossed on a salad, but other than that, it has no significant beneficial health properties. AVC is just vinegar. It’s a very old fashioned “cure-all” that’s never been demonstrated to alter the course of any disease in humans.

The alties claim that apple cider vinegar can cure various ailments based on the fact apple cider vinegar contains various nutrients which are thought to help combat these diseases. Of course there is no evidence to support this.

Now, ACV does contain vitamins and minerals, however these nutrients can also be found in other foods, probably in a greater quantity. ACV only contains a small amount of calcium, iron, sodium, copper and magnesium. It only contains a very small amount of potassium too. Interestingly, the amino acid and fibre content is virtually nothing.

It's no miracle panache. It won't have any effect on the SSRI you are taking, ignore the idiot above who has told you to discontinue it. She is not a Doctor, is not privy to your medical history and has no idea what she is talking about.

If you have any concerns about the SSRI you are taking, speak with you GP

Quote Originally Posted by David147 View Post
    Apple cider vinegar is nice tossed on a salad, but other than that, it has no significant beneficial health properties. AVC is just vinegar. It’s a very old fashioned “cure-all” that’s never been demonstrated to alter the course of any disease in humans.
    Never ignore the power of the placebo.

I don't want to say that ACV is effectiness but you can find some study on it:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25219289

I had little to no success with ACV, very disappointed with it to say the least