Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow, Finacea is really working great !

It works for me too- I've been using it once a day for two years. Thank goodness my insurance pays for it because it's pricey.

It does help with redness for me.

I thought I could go without it and stopped using it for 3 days. Big mistake. Within that amount of time my skin became quite red again.
    Kelly

Hi all,

i have been on finacea for about 6 months now and my paps have continued to diminish. I usually have no spots.

i am using it twice a day but am thinking of going to once a day.. is anyone else having good results using it once a day??
    dx early 2006.
    current stategy;
    finacea (on occasional spot), 20+ x IPL and 17+ low level PDL (n-light)

When my derm gave it to me, she said to use it once a day, then I can use it if I felt I needed it.

Out of curiosity, did you guys have to go through an adjustement period with Finacea? what i mean is, did your skin react to it initially in any ways? I tried it once and it burned and made my P&Ps redder...i got so scared, i did not perservere...so i am curious if you guys had 2-3 days where it got worse before it got better...
    tx

To avoid/lessen the "burn"-apply it to totally dry skin.
    Kelly

Hi! I read great stuff about Finacea on this forum and I really want to try it (not sensitive skin, no redness, only p&p's so I think it really is for me).

Can you please tell me a site where I can order online? It isn't available in my country. Also, what exactly is it? A cream or a gel... what product name should I look for?

Thanks a lot!

Default Finacea

Hi PCA
    I'm Danish-Icelandic-American so have the hereditary flushing and p&p's like many Scandinavians. The p/p's have decreased with age.
    I am new to using Finacea after having several laser treatments for dilated blood vessels. I think patience is key, though it's hard when there is redness, heat and pain in one's face. Laser has worked best for me to reduce the blood vessel mediated flushing and the topical treatment is for prevention.....along with diet and stress management (always easier said than done, but it does help). Finacea stings at first, but it is getting easier to tolerate and putting anti-inflammatory moisturizers over it seems to help.
    I've learned some adjunct treatment suggestions from an American Cosmetic Dermatologist, Dr. Leslie Baumann, who suggests using non -irritating cleansers (such as Vanicream Free and Clear or prescription Rosanil) and applying an anti-inflammatory moisturizer over Finacea. I am finding that I like Olay Regenerist Serum (fragrance free) because the niacinamide in it reduces inflammation. I also have liked using Vanicream Lite Lotion or Atolpalm MLE (ceramide) facial cream.
    For cosmetic use, I have switched, reluctantly at first, to Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup. It is sold in dermatology and plastic surgeon's offices in the US. It is very soothing and covers well. My dermatologist said that titanium dioxide is soothing and healing on the skin.
    Keep up with oral anti-inflammatory products too like omega 3 supplements and green (yuk) tea and plenty of water. I like black tea better. Watch out for beer because hops can cause facial flushing!!!! How not Scandinavian is that! All this stuff eventually helps.
    My Danish relatives are from Kolding and Icelanders from Rejkjavik and eastern Iceland.
    HTH Christine aka Oldskibunny

Default Re: Finacea

Thanks for your advice. I live in Copenhagen, I dont think it is very
    far from Kolding. Hope you like living in the states.

Christoffer aka pca_

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibunny
    Hi PCA
    I'm Danish-Icelandic-American so have the hereditary flushing and p&p's like many Scandinavians. The p/p's have decreased with age.
    I am new to using Finacea after having several laser treatments for dilated blood vessels. I think patience is key, though it's hard when there is redness, heat and pain in one's face. Laser has worked best for me to reduce the blood vessel mediated flushing and the topical treatment is for prevention.....along with diet and stress management (always easier said than done, but it does help). Finacea stings at first, but it is getting easier to tolerate and putting anti-inflammatory moisturizers over it seems to help.
    I've learned some adjunct treatment suggestions from an American Cosmetic Dermatologist, Dr. Leslie Baumann, who suggests using non -irritating cleansers (such as Vanicream Free and Clear or prescription Rosanil) and applying an anti-inflammatory moisturizer over Finacea. I am finding that I like Olay Regenerist Serum (fragrance free) because the niacinamide in it reduces inflammation. I also have liked using Vanicream Lite Lotion or Atolpalm MLE (ceramide) facial cream.
    For cosmetic use, I have switched, reluctantly at first, to Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup. It is sold in dermatology and plastic surgeon's offices in the US. It is very soothing and covers well. My dermatologist said that titanium dioxide is soothing and healing on the skin.
    Keep up with oral anti-inflammatory products too like omega 3 supplements and green (yuk) tea and plenty of water. I like black tea better. Watch out for beer because hops can cause facial flushing!!!! How not Scandinavian is that! All this stuff eventually helps.
    My Danish relatives are from Kolding and Icelanders from Rejkjavik and eastern Iceland.
    HTH Christine aka Oldskibunny

Default Finacea

Hi Christoffer,
    Kolding is in SE Jutland about 28km from Germany. Here's the twist. I've never been to Denmark or Iceland. My grandmother came to the States with her family when she was 16. She never went back home and never liked living here. Sadly, she did not want to share much with us because of her sadness, especially the language. Someday I'll make it abroad.
    Since you're a guy, you may not like some of the creams suggested by Dr. Baumann. My brother, William, has significant Rosacea with p&p's and is using Rosanil Cleanser or Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser and Redness Relief Cream. I'm encouraging a visit to a dermatologist, but don't know where he's at with that. He lives in Steamboat, Colorado.
    Other "Rosaceans" here have been using Vanicream Free and Clear Cleanser and Vanicream Sunscreen. Vanicream was developed by pharmacists who live in Minnesota, the Scandinavia of America. Men like Free and Clear for shaving. Vanicream Lite Lotion feels nice over Finacea, but really my favorite is Topix Replenex CF Serum (green tea) followed by La Roche Posay Rosaliac Moisturizer.
    Sorry about the long post.
    Christine

Default Re: Finacea

Why did your grandmother stay if she did not like
    living there? I suppose she could have left for somewhere
    else when she got abit older. Did she have rosacea, if so
    it may have contributed to her mood? I have become depressed
    because of rosacea, I never had any skin problems, not even
    pimples as a teenager. Not until recently.

Sorry I thought Kolding was on Sealand .. I grew up in northern
    Sealand, and then moved to Copenhagen when I left home. I only
    been to Jutland a couple of times.

I have also found that Green tea can calm my skin.

I will check out your recommendations. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibunny
    Hi Christoffer,
    Kolding is in SE Jutland about 28km from Germany. Here's the twist. I've never been to Denmark or Iceland. My grandmother came to the States with her family when she was 16. She never went back home and never liked living here. Sadly, she did not want to share much with us because of her sadness, especially the language. Someday I'll make it abroad.
    Since you're a guy, you may not like some of the creams suggested by Dr. Baumann. My brother, William, has significant Rosacea with p&p's and is using Rosanil Cleanser or Eucerin Redness Relief Cleanser and Redness Relief Cream. I'm encouraging a visit to a dermatologist, but don't know where he's at with that. He lives in Steamboat, Colorado.
    Other "Rosaceans" here have been using Vanicream Free and Clear Cleanser and Vanicream Sunscreen. Vanicream was developed by pharmacists who live in Minnesota, the Scandinavia of America. Men like Free and Clear for shaving. Vanicream Lite Lotion feels nice over Finacea, but really my favorite is Topix Replenex CF Serum (green tea) followed by La Roche Posay Rosaliac Moisturizer.
    Sorry about the long post.
    Christine