Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want changed/added to this forum?

Also, maybe an automatic truncation of long URL's. I hate it when they spread the page.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

The file attachment feature is currently broken.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

What kind of attachments?

Happiness is a choice.

A better smiley!

Quote Originally Posted by Twickle Purple
    Files... pdf, etc.

I found an interesting article (in pdf form) relevant to your LLLT/mitochondria thread, so I was going to post it there.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

I didn't know that PDFs were attachable ever. I've always posted to my server and used a link. If you want I can do that, PM me and I'll give you the details.

Happiness is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95301
    Files... pdf, etc.

I found an interesting article (in pdf form) relevant to your LLLT/mitochondria thread, so I was going to post it there.
    Look forward to seeing this article Steve. Hopefully you find a way of sharing it soon.

Happiness is a choice.

Look forward to seeing this article Steve. Hopefully you find a way of sharing it soon.
    I'd like to be able to attach it directly to the post... I suppose I could use a file host though.

I'm making a note of it now and will try to post it after class.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Is there some way we can distill and summarize crucial information that is currently strewn across one or more threads, or which is buried in long threads?

This forum is pretty kickass in its current format. I started at the rosacea Yahoo! mailing list, but even though there were a lot of helpful and well-informed people there, there was a lot of repetition and lost information because of the format. This board software has a pretty good search function, and the forum organization is pretty straightforward, but there's still so much stuff that goes missing just because the board is so busy (which is good!)

I really want the conversations we have to continue, but wouldn't it be nice if we could also see things like ...

... the Pyratine-6 thread could have people's experiences with the product (lotion versus cream for breakouts; reduced redness; increased flushing; etc.) summarized in a single place and added to as needed?

... people could summarize their experiences with various laser or light treatments, or various prescription or non-prescription topicals, or oral medications, in their own personal page/thread ("My story so far")?

... the same stories could be accessed and listed by common keywords/categories, similar to how rosacea.co.uk lets you filter to see reviews of VBeam, IPL, etc.?

... detailed surveys on various products, laser treatments and regimes could be conducted and analyzed?

I'm sure there are other ideas out there, but that's just off the top of my head.

Perhaps the simplest solution would be new forums where posts could be made, sticked, and even edited indefinitely. (I notice that across the board, we get only a limited amount of time to edit posts. I don't know if editing can be changed within a specific forum.) People would be in charge of their own personal threads, obviously, but product and treatment threads could be maintained by anyone who volunteered.

Alternatively, a simple wiki that we could all access and edit would be a good place for central information. I know I've seen at least one rosacean wiki, but for the life of me, I can't remember where now. (Oh, and wasn't there a Nase wiki, too?)

Going one step further, we could run detailed surveys on sites like Survey Monkey, which gives us more features than the board polling feature and which is FREE for any survey with up to 100 responses. This information could be brought back here -- or to a wiki -- and summarized.

Anyway, that's my librarian's insomnia talking late on a Friday night. What do you think?

Hello Tompkin

You must have left the Rosacea Support Group a long time ago because it has moved on a lot since then. The search function is now excellent so it's easy to search archived posts but the best information is also summarised in their Resource Pages section, with links to dozens of authoritative sites for further information.

http://rosacea-research.org/wiki

Their homepage has a large number of recent articles listed by keywords or categories and includes summaries of many user reports.

http://rosacea-support.org/

The original email board has a lot of valuable information from years of old polls and surveys. The biggest poll has 521 responses.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...-support/polls

They also have a newer board using this format.

http://rosacea-support.org/forum

Hope you find this useful.

Peter