Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: doctor recommendations -- New York City Area

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Oops, my computer closed down as I was cogitating here. Let's see -- I had very bad redness. I mean remarkable. I mean I looked like a STOP sign. On top of that I had red lines: my cheeks looked like I was hit in the face with a jellyfish. Repeatedly. The drug therapies did squat. Lasers served to clean my face of this sickening debris (although my skin kept having more produced -- more lines and redness); it was very temporary. My nose had lots of red lines, little fissures, little holes, too (it's not a big nose) and still bears the deeper scarring, although it's not so obvious now that my skin is healthy. I healed my skin using common sense, only it took a long time for this commonsensical dawn to break.

GHOST - did you ever suffer from artificial lights as a trigger? Fluorescent lights, computer screens, etc?? If so, did it get better after going low carb and doing the face cleaning?
    Doug

Cool Went w/ dr harvey jay

After researching doctors for years, I decided to go w Dr Jay for Rosacea treatment about 1.5 months ago and I'm happy with the results so far... When I consulted with other doctors in NYC I found out that it's not always the doctor who treats you, but usually the doctor treats you the first visit and then either a nurse or a PA treats you during the following visits under the doctor's "supervision" aka after the first visit you'll never see the doctor again. I chose dr jay bc he's the only one who treats his patients with Rosacea... I figure if I'm going to a doctor in NYC and paying NYC prices, I better rest assured that a doctor will be the one treating my face.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback on here... It was really informative and helped me make my decision!!

Good luck everyone!

Default Some advise needed

I have already done some ipl and excel v for my rosacea with mild results and I am looking to get a vbeam done this year in New York.

Do some members have recommendations?

I have done some small research to find a good derm in the city. Do some members in NY have got a vbeam done with one of those docs below?

Dr. Khorasani
    Dr. Dennis Gross
    Dr. Ron M. Shelton
    Dr. Roy G. Geronemus
    DR. ANNE CHAPAS
    Dr. Manhattan Center for Dermatology

Thanks a lot

Had my first vbeam with Dr. Geronemus. I will say first that he is an excellent doctor. That being said he is also an arrogant jerk. I waited close to 3 hours in the waiting room. Then I had to see 2 of the doctors that he has training under him. Then he arrived and said "there is not much he can do". Then took me in and gave me a treatment (bruising) without telling me what to expect. Said I would need a lot more . Paid (in 2003) $1000.00.The problem with New York City Derms is that they only really care about their celebrity clients. I did much better going out of the city. If your Rosacea is not really severe I would recommend Ross Levy in Mt Kisco. But I have not seen him in over 5 years. Check him and all of these guys out on patient review sites. Sometimes the non celebrity patients have a different story to tell. OAs I recall before ratemd got rid of all the old reviews Shelton was not well liked. Good luck